"Zante/Zakynthos" Top 5 Page for this destination Zante by kentishgirl

Zante Travel Guide: 152 reviews and 321 photos

I travelled out to Zakynthos for the last week if September/First week of October.

At the time which I travelled it had only just been put on the tourist map, that combined with the end of the season the island was fairly quiet.

I love the Ionians, the Venetian influence here is still very apparent, and the people are SO friendly.

Its a fairly small island, with some really interesting spots, I loved Zakynthos Town, wandering the cobbled streets and looking in all the small shops (fantastic lace), sitting in the local tavernas and gazing out to the harbour.

Laganas has fab nightlife and a brilliant sandy beach, Argassi is slightly quieter but still has a good beach and good nightlife.
Kalamaki is small and VERY quiet, but still very prettey and ideal if you want peace in the day and action at night, you can easily travel around the bay to Laganas.
There are no watersports in Laganas Bay at certain times of the year because this is where the turtles lay their eggs....If your lucky you may even spot one!

• Pros:People, architecture, natural sights,
  • Cons:will become over commercialised sooner rather than later
  • In a nutshell:visit now
  • Last visit to Zante: Sep 1997
  • Intro Updated Oct 30, 2004

• leeshegal's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2008 at 7:34 AM

hor much does the boat trip cost roughly, and when did you go?

• gale.blog.pl's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2005 at 5:20 AM

I've been planning a trip to Zakynthos for years now ;) Let's hope that your brilliant tips and lovely pics bring me a little bit closer to Zante. Thanks for sharing!

• Kodi01's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2005 at 12:41 PM

Great place I hear to see, maybe my next Greek trip. Thanks!

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2004 at 3:53 AM

When we were there there was a small earthquake, quite scary, beautiful scenery around the coasts, and Smugglers Coce is wonderful!

• Oct 4, 2004 at 4:04 PM

hey ali,thanx 4 writin,i really wanted to hear wot zante was like.im goin oct 17th. cant wait!

• grets's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2004 at 7:31 AM

My brother-in-law and his wife always raved about Zante (they even named their cat after the island) - reading your pages I can understand why. Great!

• nhcram's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2004 at 2:36 PM

I have also been to Zante and ad a wonderful time with my son. Good tips.

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2004 at 1:31 PM

Your right about the salty water at smugglers cove Ali, and i thought the sea there was bloody freezing, i nearly lost the will to live when i jumped in hahahahaha, we stayed at Tsilivi

• awayhome's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2004 at 10:21 AM

Great page Ali-))

• GypsyBessie's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2004 at 1:06 PM

Good travel tips aboute Zante. We were therefore for our Pearl Wedding Anniversary in October 2002. We stayed in Tsiliv and had wonderful week.

kentishgirl

“Spread Your Wings Before They Fall Apart......”

Badges & Stats in Zante