"My Stomping Ground !" Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury by kentishgirl

Canterbury Travel Guide: 494 reviews and 1,041 photos

Kent is my home,

I was born in the city of Canterbury and have lived in Kent almost all of my life, my family moved to Wales in the mid 80s, but approx 3 years later they moved back to Kent.
When I was old enough and had finished college, I moved to Dublin to live for almost 2 years, but once again the "Garden Of England" called, and I came running back home!

Sounds so romantic, I know, but this is my home and although I would love to live elsewhere again, I know that in the end I will come back home.

We have many tourists and I can see why,some people visit the coast, others in small country villages and others in the cities, but you are never far away from either wherever you are.

This is where I was born, grew up, went to college, worked and still work - and most importantly of all party!

• Pros:Historic,Pretty,Small city,good pubs and restaurants, my pals and family are here!
  • Cons:Can get overcrowded in summer and Christmas
  • In a nutshell:Its Home!
  • Intro Updated Nov 5, 2004

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2010 at 10:48 PM

I wish I'd revisited your page before making my return visit to Canterbury after 40 years, but did manage to see a lot of this lovely city. Thanks for the rest.

• Jul 31, 2008 at 6:13 AM

The comment about them not letting children in is incorrect. They are allowed in if you are eating. But they are only allowed to eat in the restaurant area which is situated at the pack so if you want to avoid kids sit near the front.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2007 at 12:59 AM

Wonderful page which has shown me all the things I missed in Canterbury. Oh, why didn't I miss the classes rather than sightseeing? Hope to be back some day and back to see the rest of the tips even before that.

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2006 at 8:43 PM

Excellent page!

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2006 at 5:30 AM

Thanks for all the good tips - Do you think they will do a river tour in October? I'm thinking of a suprise daytrip for my dutch friend

• Mar 20, 2006 at 11:57 AM

You are a great writer! I hope your book is a best seller. What a brave girl living such an exciting life! I really like your style!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2006 at 3:43 PM

Loved the feel of Canterbury - even in the summer crowds. Plan to return in the offseason and spend a few days just strolling. Thanks for your tips - well done!

• Wafro's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2005 at 12:10 PM

The Canterbury Beer Festival was in July:-( too bad. But thanx for the tips, we’re visiting Canterbury this week. GRTZ

• Jul 21, 2005 at 9:32 AM

Fantastic page here Ali - I was here a couple of weeks ago. Hope all goes well on your travels! Maria :))

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2005 at 6:06 AM

Hello. Great travel page! Very interesting tips! Greetings!

kentishgirl Used To Live Here!

kentishgirl

“Spread Your Wings Before They Fall Apart......”

Badges & Stats in Canterbury

Have you been to Canterbury?

Latest Activity in Canterbury