"My Stomping Ground !" Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury by kentishgirl
Canterbury Travel Guide: 494 reviews and 1,041 photos
Kent is my home,
I was born in the city of Canterbury and have lived in Kent almost all of my life, my family moved to Wales in the mid 80s, but approx 3 years later they moved back to Kent.
When I was old enough and had finished college, I moved to Dublin to live for almost 2 years, but once again the "Garden Of England" called, and I came running back home!
Sounds so romantic, I know, but this is my home and although I would love to live elsewhere again, I know that in the end I will come back home.
We have many tourists and I can see why,some people visit the coast, others in small country villages and others in the cities, but you are never far away from either wherever you are.
This is where I was born, grew up, went to college, worked and still work - and most importantly of all party!
- Pros:Historic,Pretty,Small city,good pubs and restaurants, my pals and family are here!
- Cons:Can get overcrowded in summer and Christmas
- In a nutshell:Its Home!
The City Arms is actually a pub, and has recently reopened. Its clean and modern with tall wooden stools and tables....a... more travel advice
I only remember visiting this place a couple of times before when it was an Olde Worlde pub, but now they have really... more travel advice
- See All Catholic Church of St.Thomas
- See All Pedestrians Rule !!
- See All Signs!!
- See All BBQ!!!
kentishgirl's Related Pages
Canterbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Stomping Ground !"
- "WHITECLIFFS CANTERBURY TALES"
- "Historical Canterbury."
- "Not really a pilgrimage......."
- "A Tale of a Cathedral? It's Canterbury."
- "Canterbury and the cathedral"
- "More than just the Cathedral"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canterbury
- Hotels in Canterbury
- Transportation in Canterbury
- Nightlife in Canterbury
- Restaurants in Canterbury
- Shopping in Canterbury
- Warnings and Dangers in Canterbury
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canterbury
- 80 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Canterbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canterbury
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 80 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Krakow Intro, 37 reviews, 24 photos
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 30 reviews, 24 photos