"Puerto Aventuras - Riviera Maya" Puerto Aventuras by kentishgirl

Puerto Aventuras Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 97 photos

We stayed at the Aventura Spa Palace here in Puerto Aventuras.

Puerto Aventuras is located approx 2 hours south of Cancun - and a million miles away from Cancun it is!

The Riviera Maya, is not yet overun by tourists esp Aventuras and so still has a lot of character.

Its a relaxed town, and this page will really be based around the hotel in which we stayed, which also was really chilled out.

The small town of Puerto Aventuras is located only a short 15 minute walk away from the hotel, there is a nice harbour area, where there are cafes and shops, the dolphins are also in the harbour so even if your not swimming with them you can watch them!

As Mexico was our "honeymoon" destination, most of our time was spent in and around the hotel!

The hotel offered everything that you needed so there really was'nt much point in venturing out anyway!

The hotel is ADULTS ONLY which I felt was important to us and offered a quieter environment for the first week of our honeymoon.

• Pros:Still managed to retain its Mexican feel even though its built entirely for tourists
  • Cons:None whatsoever!
  • In a nutshell:You want to relax and be spoilt.....come here!
  • Last visit to Puerto Aventuras: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 13, 2004

• kymbanm's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2008 at 7:01 PM

I was so glad to find your page! We just booked ourselves a week at the same resort for our honeymoon! I'm glad the lagoons are nice, I was worried about that when I was reading up on the place. Now I'm even MORE excited :)

• alza's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2005 at 7:07 PM

nice resort! thanks for all the pics and details :-)

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2004 at 8:29 AM

what a great honeymoon, I loved our two days in Mexico and cant wait to go back for a real stay ! welcome to he Dolphin Kissers Club LOL

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2004 at 9:40 AM

Hi Ali I noticed you are online, this is a great Mexico page here, I rated all your tips I think. My better half and I went to Puerto Vallarta for a honeymoon type think. Great fun with the dolphins! Cheers from Labrador, Canada :-)

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2004 at 12:52 PM

What a beautiful place to go for your honeymoon, it looks idealic! Sounds like you had a wonderful time Ali. Love the towel art, lol! Great page, well done (~_~)

kentishgirl

“Spread Your Wings Before They Fall Apart......”

Badges & Stats in Puerto Aventuras

Have you been to Puerto Aventuras?

Latest Activity in Puerto Aventuras