"Our First Desert Experience" Wadi Rum by kentishgirl
Wadi Rum Travel Guide: 239 reviews and 562 photos
When we arrived in Wadi Rum we had never been to a desert before, we had no idea how moved we would feel about the huge expanses of sand that went on forever, we had no idea that people lived in tents in the desert, before we spent the night in Wadi Rum we had no idea how many stars could cover the sky and we had no idea what night was like without any artificial lights or noise.............................How could we not know that I ask myself now....because we had never travelled to these places....and if you dont travel you dont find out...
Wadi Rum is in the south of Jordan, it took us about 1 1/2 Hours to get there on the local bus from Petra, and when we left and went to Aqaba it was about the same distance.
Rum Village is the only built up place here and its just on the edge of the the desert. I remember we drank Coffee in a cafe type place out here, and we bought water from what looked like someones home.
This is Wadi Rum............This is a magical Place...........Enjoy the Desert......
I thought that this was so cool when I saw them! Wild Camels, just roaming the desert! Imagine....I never actually... more travel advice
The Bedouin Tales guy cooked up a storm on a little fire in the desert! We ate like kings! Seriously, they obviously... more travel advice
kentishgirl's Related Pages
Wadi Rum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wadi Rum is beautiful!"
- "Wadi Rum - the Red Desert."
- "Wadi Rum: the fantastic Jordan desert"
- "Wadi Rum"
- "Magical Wadi Rum"
- "Wadi Rum"
- "Our First Desert Experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wadi Rum
- Hotels in Wadi Rum
- Transportation in Wadi Rum
- Nightlife in Wadi Rum
- Restaurants in Wadi Rum
- Shopping in Wadi Rum
- Warnings and Dangers in Wadi Rum
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Wadi Rum
- 17 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Wadi Rum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wadi Rum
Photos in Wadi RumSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 80 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Krakow Intro, 37 reviews, 24 photos
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 30 reviews, 24 photos