"House Boats and Elephants" Kariba by kentishgirl
Kariba Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 17 photos
We spent 2 nights in Kariba Town on the edge of Lake Kariba and then went out on a houseboat for 2 nights on Lake Kariba itself.
During our trip on the houseboat we took a game walk in Matusadona National Park which straddles the edge of the lake.
Lake Kariba was a haven for wildlife, whilst our game walk in Matusadona we saw nothing other than Buffalo.
Lake Kariba has waters in both Zimbabwe and Zambia - a houseboat is a popular excursion to take whilst in these parts, we slept under the stars, ate under the sun and swam in the lake waters.
We spent a couple of nights out on a houseboat on Lake Kariba. I probably wouldnt do it again, but I am glad that I... more travel advice
There were plenty of hippo in the shallows of Lake Kariba - there were places you could swim in the lake, by the shore... more travel advice
kentishgirl's Related Pages
Kariba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "House Boats and Elephants"
- "Formerly the largest man-made lake in the world."
- "Kariba - The One With The Dam"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kariba
- Hotels in Kariba
- Nightlife in Kariba
- Warnings and Dangers in Kariba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kariba
- 6 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Kariba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kariba
Photos in KaribaSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 80 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Krakow Intro, 37 reviews, 24 photos
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 30 reviews, 24 photos