"Chimporama!" Ngamba Island by kentishgirl
Ngamba Island Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 129 photos
Ngamba Island is a small island in Lake Victoria in Uganda.
It takes approx 2 hours to reach the island from Entebbe depending on which boat you take to the island.
Ngamba Island is a sanctuary for Chimpanzees which have been bought here from Uganda, Kenya, DR Congo and Rwanda.
Here they take care of them and nurse them back to health - this has obviously become something of a tourist attraction, and you can visit and see the chimps feeding as well as reading some of the information placards and learning something about these animals.
Its just so amazing how like a human a chimp is, when we watched them being fed, the chimps actually held their hands... more travel advice
When watching the Chimps feeding time its amazing and a funny sight really! The Chimps make such a noise, running... more travel advice
kentishgirl's Related Pages
Ngamba Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary"
- "MONKEY BUSINESS"
- "Ngamba Island Chimp Sanctuary"
- "Chimpanzee Island"
- "Chimp Sanctuary"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ngamba Island
- Hotels in Ngamba Island
- Transportation in Ngamba Island
- Restaurants in Ngamba Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Ngamba Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ngamba Island
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Ngamba Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ngamba Island
Photos in Ngamba IslandSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 80 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Krakow Intro, 37 reviews, 24 photos
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 30 reviews, 24 photos