"Elephants on the Highway!" Mikumi National Park by kentishgirl
Mikumi National Park Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 105 photos
Again on this page, I wont be leaving any tips - this will be the opening page and the only page.
We drove on the main highway (dont be thinking street lights, overtaking lanes etc etc - this is Africa!) from Dar Es Salaam heading towards the Malawi border.
We didd'nt manage to make the border that night by the way - its just too far - we spent the night in a town called Iringa.
Driving this route we passed through Mikumi National Park which has the highway running through the middle. Mikumi is well known for its elephants, which were as you can see from this pic just by the side of the road.
You can slow down and stop if its safe to do so, but this is a national park so you cant get out.
kentishgirl's Related Pages
Mikumi National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Free game viewing"
- "True wilderness"
- "Mzuri-Sanas' of Mikumi"
- "Mikumi National Park"
- "Elephants on the Highway!"
- "very lively wild safari drive"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mikumi National Park
- Hotels in Mikumi National Park
- Nightlife in Mikumi National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Mikumi National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mikumi National Park
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Mikumi National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mikumi National Park
Photos in Mikumi National ParkSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 80 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Krakow Intro, 37 reviews, 24 photos
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 30 reviews, 24 photos