"A Little Place for Chilling on the Red Sea" Kawm ad Dahab by kentishgirl
Kawm ad Dahab Travel Guide: 113 reviews and 335 photos
Dahab is a gem!
We arrived after a long trip from Aqaba in Jordan, via the ferry to Nuweiba about an hour up the coast.
When we arrived in Dahab we had been travelling non stop for about 5 weeks in hot Middle Eastern Summer - it was the first leg of our trip and we werent used to it at all! We were exhausted and so when we arrived we fell in love with cute little Dahab, we stayed for 10 Days.
Having recovered from sickeness, and living on kebabs for 5 weeks when we arrived we were able to enjoy the fabulous Western style food on offer in the restaurants and enjoy a few beers.
Dahab is small in comparision with Sharm about an hour south. There is a beach here, excellent diving and snorkelling, cute shops and is a place that is popular with backpackers because its cheap, relaxed and a great place to chill.
- Pros:Cheap, Offers great facilities, Friendly Locals
- Cons:Not Very Egyptian!
- In a nutshell:An Ideal spot to Recharge for a while
Jasmine is a pension at the far end of Assalah away from Dahab. We visited quite a few times, enjoying their delicious... more travel advice
There are lots of restaurants and bars along the waterfront here. Its just a case of choosing your favourites! I have... more travel advice
kentishgirl's Related Pages
Kawm ad Dahab Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paradise in Egypt"
- "Red Sea Diving"
- "Eco diving in Dahab"
- "Dahab a nice place to chill"
- "A Little Place for Chilling on the Red Sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kawm ad Dahab
- Hotels in Kawm ad Dahab
- Transportation in Kawm ad Dahab
- Nightlife in Kawm ad Dahab
- Restaurants in Kawm ad Dahab
- Shopping in Kawm ad Dahab
- Warnings and Dangers in Kawm ad Dahab
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kawm ad Dahab
- 14 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Kawm ad Dahab?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kawm ad Dahab
- Posted in Travel Provincia de Ciego de Ávila Forum "Coco or Guillermo? Iberostar..."
- updated a Kawm ad Dahab Travel Page "A Little Place for Chilling on the Red Sea"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Little Place for Chilling on the Red Sea"
- Wrote a Review Great Pizza - Fab Service in Kawm ad Dahab Restaurants
Photos in Kawm ad DahabSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 80 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Krakow Intro, 37 reviews, 24 photos
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 30 reviews, 24 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (13)
Latest Kawm ad Dahab hotel reviews
- Tropitel Dahab Oasis
- 655 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Iberotel Dahabeya
- 559 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Le Meridien Dahab Resort
- 511 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Dahab Paradise
- 384 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Hilton Dahab
- 342 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013