"Surfing - No swimming here!" Top 5 Page for this destination Hikkaduwa by kentishgirl
Hikkaduwa Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 319 photos
Hikkaduwa was a beautiful beach, 30 mins around the headland from Galle. It was a realatively quiet place, the hotels are quite spread out along the beach, nearly everything here is new and modern, having been rebuilt since the Tsunami.
The beach is so wide with clean sands.
The main road is so busy, but perfect to take a bus elsewhere when you are ready to leave.
After swimming in the sea in Unawatuna I was not prepared to come here and not be able to swim, the seas are pretty rough - perfect for surfing and body boarding though!
Hikkaduwa has a beautiful beach, it is sandy and very wide, when we were there it was pretty clean too. It is a great... more travel advice
kentishgirl's Related Pages
Hikkaduwa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka"
- "Well, I just breezed through."
- "Surfing - No swimming here!"
- "Surfing and snorkelling anyone?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hikkaduwa
- Hotels in Hikkaduwa
- Transportation in Hikkaduwa
- Nightlife in Hikkaduwa
- Restaurants in Hikkaduwa
- Warnings and Dangers in Hikkaduwa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hikkaduwa
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Hikkaduwa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hikkaduwa
Photos in HikkaduwaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 80 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Krakow Intro, 37 reviews, 24 photos
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 30 reviews, 24 photos