"One of Sri Lankas holiest places" Kataragama by kentishgirl
Kataragama Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 30 photos
Kataragama is located in the south of Sri Lanka, not a coastal town but it is only just inland and is easily accessible from the coastal towns.
Our visit here was purely to attend the evening puja at the temple complex.
We stayed just one night. There is not a lot to do in Kataragama as it is not a tourist town at all, it is just famous for the unique temple complex and the legendary evening puja.
A must see in Sri Lanka in my opinion.
We were only in Kataragama for one night, but our accommodation here was great. We arrived by bus from Ella and walked... more travel advice
There are many puja stalls outside of the temple complex, it looks like any market place, but locals are selling the... more travel advice
kentishgirl's Related Pages
Kataragama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of Sri Lankas holiest places"
- "its the place of great hindu temple in the south"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kataragama
- Hotels in Kataragama
- Transportation in Kataragama
- Restaurants in Kataragama
- Warnings and Dangers in Kataragama
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kataragama
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Kataragama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kataragama
Photos in KataragamaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 80 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Krakow Intro, 37 reviews, 24 photos
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 30 reviews, 24 photos