"Pinnewala Elephant orphanage" Kegalle by kentishgirl
Kegalle Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 16 photos
Pinnewala elephant orphanage is located just outside of the town of Kegalle which is about 2 hours from Kandy.
When we visited there were a lot of tourists here, mainly on guided tours, however it is easy to get there yourself as we did (see my tip on Kandy page).
I was a little disapointed to be honest, this place is very touristy now, and I felt that although the elephants were being cared for they are there as just a tourist attraction these days.
I am glad that I went and saw though, and these creatures are so amazing it is worth visiting and paying the entrance fee if you have never seen elephants before.
Now, don't get me wrong, I do give, I am not a rich westerner who visits third world countries and does not contribute... more travel advice
kentishgirl's Related Pages
Kegalle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pinnewala Elephant orphanage"
- "Living as a volunteer in Kegalle"
- "Volunteer in Pinnawala"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kegalle
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Kegalle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kegalle
Photos in KegalleSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 80 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Krakow Intro, 37 reviews, 24 photos
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 30 reviews, 24 photos