"One of the worlds best beaches?" Unawatuna by kentishgirl
Unawatuna Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 148 photos
Yes, that is right. Unawatuna has been voted one of the worlds best beaches and in my opinion for good reason.
We visited Unawatuna and thought we would stay for mayben 4 days, 9 days later we left for Hikkaduwa further around the coast!
Unawatuna is one stunning stretch of sand, the waters here are a delight to swim in, very warm and shallow, the waves were calm and the waters lapped up to the foot of the restauarants.
It is a small village, offering a few small shops selling the basics. But there are some awesome restaurants and the beautiful beach - I realised when uploading this page that I really do not have many tips, but then when I reminiced my time here I remembered that we sat on the beach or in a cafe reading and chilling out for most of the time!
Make sure that at least one evening you walk away from the beach and head into the village or at least the road behind... more travel advice
When we arrived in Unawatuna we were dropped along the main road by our tuktuk, and then walked through the village to... more travel advice
kentishgirl's Related Pages
Unawatuna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An ideal location to relax at"
- "Not really my kind of place."
- "Beach time!"
- "The best beach in the world?"
- "One of the worlds best beaches?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Unawatuna
- Hotels in Unawatuna
- Transportation in Unawatuna
- Nightlife in Unawatuna
- Restaurants in Unawatuna
- Shopping in Unawatuna
- Warnings and Dangers in Unawatuna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Unawatuna
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Unawatuna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Unawatuna
Photos in UnawatunaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 80 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Krakow Intro, 37 reviews, 24 photos
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 30 reviews, 24 photos