"Welcome to the Garden Of England" Top 5 Page for this destination Kent by kentishgirl
Kent Travel Guide: 1,699 reviews and 3,935 photos
This is the county in which I live, grew up, and have so far spent most of my adult life.
I think that when you live somewhere, you do tend to take it for granted, I know that I do! And I diddnt appreciate the beauty in which I am surrounded by everyday until I saw it through different eyes...When I was living in Ireland I came home for a weekend...I appreciated and took in my surroundings more in that weekend that I had in 20 years!
Now, Ive been back here living for 3 years, and that feeling of taking everything around me for granted is creeping back again.....so now I walk around places and act like I have never been there before! I spend time looking at things that usually I just rush past in everyday life......we all do it.....sometimes we just need to stand still...just for a few minutes....and take it all in...*
It will take me awhile to build this page, but I am going to start!
My biggest page, that you may have already found if you are planning on visiting Kent is my Canterbury page.
This is where I grew up, and I work there still, I will obviously duplicate some of that page here, but for specific detailed information on Canterbury...you will find more on my Canterbury page.
I live on the coast at the moment, surrounded by some beautiful countryside and great beaches, I am going to take the time to get out to these places more and take piccies to share....due to too many hours at work! This may take some time....so please bear with me!*
I am likely to focus mainly on the area of East Kent as this is the area that I know well, in time as I build this page it will include brief information and piccies on the folowing places -
Birchington On Sea
Westgate On Sea
if you have any questions regarding Kent as all...please feel free to mail me and I will help you!*
- Pros:Countryside, Beaches, Medieval Cities and small towns all rolled into one
- Cons:It can be expensive and difficult to get around if you dont have your own transport
- In a nutshell:For me its home!
Canterbury is the hub of the nightlife in East Kent, its a big student city so there is always something going on every... more travel advice
This is my favourite Italian restaurant for food!! Whenever I have visited and whatever I have eaten here has always... more travel advice
kentishgirl's Related Pages
Kent Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kent - Home of the Hops and much more"
- "Welcome to the Garden Of England"
- "Kent, the Garden of England"
- "Kent - The Garden of England"
- "Canterbury Cathedral"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kent
- Hotels in Kent
- Transportation in Kent
- Nightlife in Kent
- Restaurants in Kent
- Shopping in Kent
- Warnings and Dangers in Kent
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kent
- 110 Reviews
- 83 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Kent?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kent
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 80 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Krakow Intro, 37 reviews, 24 photos
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 30 reviews, 24 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (15)
Top Kent hotels
- Canterbury Hotels
- 491 Reviews - 1026 Photos
- Folkestone Hotels
- 137 Reviews - 199 Photos
- Tunbridge Wells Hotels
- 77 Reviews - 155 Photos
- Dover Hotels
- 337 Reviews - 698 Photos
- Maidstone Hotels
- 48 Reviews - 183 Photos
- Margate Hotels
- 52 Reviews - 97 Photos
- Hythe Hotels
- 69 Reviews - 105 Photos
- Dartford Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 16 Photos
- Ramsgate Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 103 Photos
- Chatham Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 117 Photos
- Sandgate Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 7 Photos
- Tonbridge Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 16 Photos
- Sevenoaks Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 7 Photos
- Deal Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 55 Photos
- Westgate Hotels
- See nearby hotels