"Spread your wings, before they fall apart........." kentishgirl's Profile
'And this is what the traveller discovers: in this great and endlessly fascinating world of ours, everywhere can be home' -Meredith Moraine
I used to be an avid 'Vter.' I was almost always online to answer questions and update pages. Since 2005, this has not been the case! I do not always have access to the internet (this was especially true in 2005-2007 when I was travelling non stop). I am busy with life really! Therefore, my pages have fallen behind, sometimes it's a long time before I log on, my pages are either lacking photos/tips or both! I will try and answer any questions, if I have the time (I mean that in the nicest possible way :)
Of course, my passion is travelling. However, I also love photography and often wander around pointing my SLR or my small compact at everything in sight ;) I love to read and can often be found curled up in a corner with my head in a book for days until it's finished! It's just as well I love reading really, because I am a Mature Student, who has just successfully progressed to her second year of a History Degree at the University of London. It's hard work and stressful at times, but I wouldn't want to be doing anything else, I love it!!
I have always loved travelling. I think it stems back to my Grandfather's mini quizes that he set me: 'What is the capital of Finland?' is an example of how they went. That was so long ago, I remember that I could answer the capitals of both West and Eastern Germany. That's how long I have loved to travel - almost my whole life. Since those days I've lived abroad, and spent a lot of time travelling. I lived in Ireland for almost two years and New Zealand for six months. I travelled a lot for many years, achieving my ultimate dream of backpacking around the world from 2005 - 2007. Since then the only thing that has stopped me venturing as often as I would like, is money and time. I make as much time as I can, but in real life, it's not always possible! I have enjoyed a number of small trips around Europe since then.
Travelling has taught me a number of things, such as:
* I am not a materialistic person. Having spent long periods of time in numerous third world countries, I know how happy one can be with nothing.
* I am as happy lying on a beach with a book as I am tramping around a busy city from site to site.
* I love snorkelling, cheese, chocolate and wine!
* I've travelled with family, friends, my partner and alone. They all have advantages and disadvantages :-)
Summer 2010 is going to be my next big trip. 2009 was, but I had some devastating news this month, which has changed everything in my life forever.
This year, my trips will be short and not too far away, I am thinking that some visits within the UK are in order, a city break in Europe and maybe a beach holiday in Europe too.
My 2010 trip, will actually involve me travelling around for the sake of my studies :) How fab is that?! I will be undertaking an individual research project, that will be of great importance. Therefore, I'll be spending some of the summer researching onsite. The details are yet to be finalised, but I'll be in Eastern Europe for sure, probably Germany, more than likely in the Balkans and hopefully in Israel.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Atlanta Hotels
- Hanging Rock State Park Hotels
- West Onslow Beach Hotels
- United States of America
- Lukut Hotels
- Kuala Lumpur
- South Padre Island Hotels
- Hong Kong
- Birch Bay Hotels
- Montecatini Terme
- Lloret de Mar
- State of Jammu and Kashmir
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,390 Reviews
- 2,202 Photos
- 36 Countries
- 131 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
- kentishgirl and yaya15923 are now friends.
updated their Personal Page "My Travels!"
- Commented on mcburke1's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Spread your wings, before they fall apart........."
- Posted in Travel Provincia de Ciego de Ávila Forum "Coco or Guillermo? Iberostar..."
- Wrote a Review Buses to the Vietnam border in Kunming Transportation
- updated a Kunming Travel Page "Kunming - a stopover between Yunnan and Vietnam"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 80 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Krakow Intro, 37 reviews, 24 photos
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 30 reviews, 24 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos