"Spread your wings, before they fall apart........." kentishgirl's Profile

About Me!

'And this is what the traveller discovers: in this great and endlessly fascinating world of ours, everywhere can be home' -Meredith Moraine

********** ***********************************************
I used to be an avid 'Vter.' I was almost always online to answer questions and update pages. Since 2005, this has not been the case! I do not always have access to the internet (this was especially true in 2005-2007 when I was travelling non stop). I am busy with life really! Therefore, my pages have fallen behind, sometimes it's a long time before I log on, my pages are either lacking photos/tips or both! I will try and answer any questions, if I have the time (I mean that in the nicest possible way :)

Of course, my passion is travelling. However, I also love photography and often wander around pointing my SLR or my small compact at everything in sight ;) I love to read and can often be found curled up in a corner with my head in a book for days until it's finished! It's just as well I love reading really, because I am a Mature Student, who has just successfully progressed to her second year of a History Degree at the University of London. It's hard work and stressful at times, but I wouldn't want to be doing anything else, I love it!!

Me and my travels

I have always loved travelling. I think it stems back to my Grandfather's mini quizes that he set me: 'What is the capital of Finland?' is an example of how they went. That was so long ago, I remember that I could answer the capitals of both West and Eastern Germany. That's how long I have loved to travel - almost my whole life. Since those days I've lived abroad, and spent a lot of time travelling. I lived in Ireland for almost two years and New Zealand for six months. I travelled a lot for many years, achieving my ultimate dream of backpacking around the world from 2005 - 2007. Since then the only thing that has stopped me venturing as often as I would like, is money and time. I make as much time as I can, but in real life, it's not always possible! I have enjoyed a number of small trips around Europe since then.

Travelling has taught me a number of things, such as:

* I am not a materialistic person. Having spent long periods of time in numerous third world countries, I know how happy one can be with nothing.

* I am as happy lying on a beach with a book as I am tramping around a busy city from site to site.

* I love snorkelling, cheese, chocolate and wine!

* I've travelled with family, friends, my partner and alone. They all have advantages and disadvantages :-)

Future Travel Plans :D !!!

Summer 2010 is going to be my next big trip. 2009 was, but I had some devastating news this month, which has changed everything in my life forever.

This year, my trips will be short and not too far away, I am thinking that some visits within the UK are in order, a city break in Europe and maybe a beach holiday in Europe too.

My 2010 trip, will actually involve me travelling around for the sake of my studies :) How fab is that?! I will be undertaking an individual research project, that will be of great importance. Therefore, I'll be spending some of the summer researching onsite. The details are yet to be finalised, but I'll be in Eastern Europe for sure, probably Germany, more than likely in the Balkans and hopefully in Israel.

• Intro Updated Jun 27, 2009

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
kentishgirl's Profile Photo

kentishgirl

“Spread Your Wings Before They Fall Apart......”

Real Name