"Welcome to Rockville" Rockville by JanaBanana

Rockville Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 50 photos

Capital of the Covered Bridge Capital of the World!

When I think of Rockville, I think of sweet times with good friends, of climbing the tree at the park with a good friend, of walking to the cemetery with a friend because it's a quiet place to talk, of sneaking out at night on snow days, and trying not to get caught.

Rockville is a small quiet town, a peaceful place where people know each other and love to know all about visitors. It's also the county seat of Parke County, the "Covered Bridge Capital of the World." On this page, I'll tell you more about the county, it's bridges, and of course Rockville itself! The best places to go, and the places to avoid.

• Pros:Small, beautiful, nice people
  • Cons:Small, drugs are on the rise, everyone knows all about your life
  • In a nutshell:A great place to be!
  • Intro Written Feb 20, 2004

• shelnlin's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2005 at 6:58 PM

This page was a pleasure to read and view... kind of reminded me of one of my favourite films... The Bridges of Madison County. Thank you for sharing it with me. :+)

• Sandi-2004's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2004 at 11:31 AM

Your photo of the suspension bridge and surrounding trees is outstanding. I grew up in Ohio & had a covered bridge not far from my home. We loved it. Now I live near San Francisco. No covered bridges.

• Apr 2, 2004 at 3:52 AM

Janet, many many happy returns of the day. Wishing you a happy birthday and great time. Greetings from India. Nice page and tips.

• radz's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2004 at 8:07 PM

Rockville seems to be beautful town :)Thanks for the nice tips.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2004 at 12:57 PM

Rockville should be proud of your great tips. We've been there twice and loved it. Still have some pages to build about Rockville and Parke County ourselves. Stephen and Karen

• Yubert's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2004 at 2:38 AM

Nice info and tips. Look forward to seeing more pictures.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2004 at 2:21 PM

Many Thanks for you comments on my Jerusalem page, Welcome to VT! Billy Creek Village sounds Fun (~_~)

• aadil's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2004 at 5:32 AM

Great start!!! Hope to see more and some pics too!!!

JanaBanana

“Life's too short to only see your backyard!”

Badges & Stats in Rockville

Have you been to Rockville?

Latest Activity in Rockville