"A night in Katowice (for mistake!) ;-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Katowice by Carletto76

Katowice Travel Guide: 214 reviews and 491 photos

Why stopping in Katowice?

They only way someone could decide to stop in Katowice is because, for any reason, you HAVE to! ;-)
And that's what happened to me on the first day of my trip to the Baltic region. No, Katowice has nothing to deal with the Baltic sea, but there are some very good and cheap flights from Italy (see Transportation), but at the same time there is just one overcrowded overnight train to GdaƱsk, so it could happen to spend a night there in the most industrial and polluted city in Poland... Here are some hints about how to survive there! ;-)

Ben-UK asks if I will come back to Katowice one day... well, I think I'll probably never go there just to visit it again, but it could happen to go there again in the future, and I won't be sad to be in Katowice, that's sure! There were some places which I liked, and it's a pity it was dark and I didn't take pictures there, and anyway you are right, with no tourists around it's not so bad, and surely there you won't find any! (apart me and you maybe! ;-D)

• Pros:Cheap and great Wizz Air flights
  • Cons:Anything else! ;-) (not true, there's something nice there!)
  • In a nutshell:The most "surrealistic" town in Poland! ;-)
  • Last visit to Katowice: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 25, 2004

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2005 at 2:24 PM

Another interesting page. Sometimes the non-tourist places can be nice and interesting ... :o)

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2004 at 11:36 PM

Interesting first impressions. Your views back up quite a few things that I have heard in the past.

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2004 at 10:51 AM

I know first impressions of Katowice may not be so good, but I've spent quite a lot of time there over the last few years and got to like the place -- probably because there are no tourists! --sounds like you won't be going back though!

Carletto76

“Travelling is the meaning of life!”

Badges & Stats in Katowice

Have you been to Katowice?

Latest Activity in Katowice