"Klaipėda... after 8pm! ;-)" Klaipeda by Carletto76
Klaipeda Travel Guide: 263 reviews and 626 photos
I spent 2 nights in Klaipėda, but I had few hours to see it by day! I arrived here at 8pm from Kaunas, and the following day I came back from Neringa at the same time... so I can say I saw Klaipėda only after 8pm! ;-) But I liked it!
Klaipėda is not a typical Lithuanian town, it's mostly German... in fact it was called Memel and was part of the Hanseatic League. Now not much of the old German/Prussian town has remained, after the ruins of WWII (port=many bombs), but it's still a pleasant town, the 3rd in Lithuania for inhabitants; maybe there are not many attractions, but it's nice to walk around the old town, and maybe listen to some good jazz music at night... that's Klaipėda, enjoy your stay! ;-)
- Pros:Pleasant town, gate to the Curonian Spit
- Cons:Not much of the old town has survived :-(
- In a nutshell:A piece of Germany in Lithuania!
We decided to rent a car to see the Curonian Spit national park, since it's surely the best way to enjoy this wonderful... more travel advice
As usual, in Lithuania, the best way to get to Klaipėda, unless you have a car, is to take a bus. There are quite a... more travel advice
Carletto76's Related Pages
Klaipeda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Klaipeda - my town"
- "Klaipeda – Gateway to the Curonian Spit (Neringa)"
- "a postoffice that looks like a palace"
- "Klaipeda - the main port of Lithuania"
- "Klaipeda - gate to the Baltic sea"
- "More than just a gateway to the Curonian spit"
- "Klaipeda - my homecity"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Klaipeda
- Hotels in Klaipeda
- Transportation in Klaipeda
- Nightlife in Klaipeda
- Restaurants in Klaipeda
- Shopping in Klaipeda
- Warnings and Dangers in Klaipeda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Klaipeda
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Klaipeda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Klaipeda
Photos in KlaipedaSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Genoa Intro, 65 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 46 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Minsk Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 23 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hrodna Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Hamburg Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos
- Gdansk Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kaunas Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trakai Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues