"Kuršių Nerijos, what a wonderful place!" Top 5 Page for this destination Neringa by Carletto76

Neringa Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 69 photos

A magic land of dunes, forests and sea!

When I first organized my trip to the Baltic I didn't think to go to Kuršių Nerijos, but then too many Lithuanian people told me "GO THERE", so that I decided to stay 1 more day and to spend it in this place... and it was absolutely the right decision!
The Curonian Spit is really unique, 50Km (on the Lithuanian side) of "thin" land, where you can find so different landscapes, from the highest dunes of sand you can find in Europe, where few vegetation can survive, to a deep forest where most of the road pass through. Lagoon on one side, Baltic sea on the other, you see water from both the sides, that's quite unusual! ;-)

Yes, this is really a MUST, you cannot go to Lithuania and don't come here! And if you don't have a car, rent it, or take a bike, but go along to Nida and back and see all you want to see, and there is really plenty to see!
I spent there probably the nicest day of my trip to the Baltic, with a wonderful sun, almost 30°C, few people around and together with my friends Hanna, Verena and Michele. I think I won't forget that day for long, maybe ever! ;-)

• Pros:Everything!
  • Cons:Nothing!
  • In a nutshell:Dunes, forests, sea, lagoon... all in 1 place!
  • Last visit to Neringa: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 29, 2004

Carletto76

“Travelling is the meaning of life!”

Badges & Stats in Neringa

Have you been to Neringa?