"Kuršių Nerijos, what a wonderful place!" Top 5 Page for this destination Neringa by Carletto76
Neringa Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 69 photos
When I first organized my trip to the Baltic I didn't think to go to Kuršių Nerijos, but then too many Lithuanian people told me "GO THERE", so that I decided to stay 1 more day and to spend it in this place... and it was absolutely the right decision!
The Curonian Spit is really unique, 50Km (on the Lithuanian side) of "thin" land, where you can find so different landscapes, from the highest dunes of sand you can find in Europe, where few vegetation can survive, to a deep forest where most of the road pass through. Lagoon on one side, Baltic sea on the other, you see water from both the sides, that's quite unusual! ;-)
Yes, this is really a MUST, you cannot go to Lithuania and don't come here! And if you don't have a car, rent it, or take a bike, but go along to Nida and back and see all you want to see, and there is really plenty to see!
I spent there probably the nicest day of my trip to the Baltic, with a wonderful sun, almost 30°C, few people around and together with my friends Hanna, Verena and Michele. I think I won't forget that day for long, maybe ever! ;-)
- In a nutshell:Dunes, forests, sea, lagoon... all in 1 place!
There are 2 ferry harbours in Klaipėda, and you can go to Neringa from both of them, but not always! The old... more travel advice
The following activities are forbidden in Kursiu Nerija National park: - to put up tents; - to make fire in... more travel advice
Carletto76's Related Pages
Neringa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Neringa: the couronian spit"
- "Kuršių Nerijos, what a wonderful place!"
- "Land of sand"
- "My paradise on earth"
- "Baltic beach"
- "Neringa - land of dunes, sea and wind...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Neringa
- Hotels in Neringa
- Transportation in Neringa
- Warnings and Dangers in Neringa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Neringa
- 13 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Neringa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Neringa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Genoa Intro, 65 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 46 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 23 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hrodna Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Hamburg Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos
- Gdansk Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kaunas Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trakai Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues