"The Wonderful Vilnius" Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius by Carletto76

Vilnius Travel Guide: 1,741 reviews and 3,585 photos

I fell in love with it!

I had great expectations for Vilnius before going there; usually it's a bit underrated compared to Tallinn and Riga, so I expected to find there less tourists, and in fact it was great to go around this old town without hordes of people! And there was so much to see that 2 days were probably not enough, but you all know that I can walk fast, and if I saw Warsaw in half a day, I had no problems here with 2! ;-)

Now that I have seen the 3 Baltic capitals I can say that I fell in love for Vilnius, and I'm sorry for my friends from Kaunas, but it's really the most beautiful town in Lithuania, and in my opinion in the whole Baltic region.

Wonderful old town!

Vilnius old town is wonderful, you can go around without a map and get lost among the many narrow streets, but you will easily find your way back... Vilnius is a small capital city compared to the big Western metropoles, so you will always find your way, but it could be different all the times!
Great part of the old town has been recently restored, and more money will come to Lithuania from the EU in the next years, so this town will be more and more beautiful in the next years, but it's better to hurry until it's still a "real" town, and not a tourist attraction only.

Town of churches and baroque

I tried to count the number of churches I saw in Vilnius but I got lost! ;-) There is a church at every corner, it's really incredible, it seems to be in Rome!
And most of the churches are Roman Catholic and built in Baroque style. We can consider Vilnius the capital of Baroque, you can see really many masterpieces of this style walking around the beutiful Lithuanian capital town.

• Pros:One of the most beautiful towns in Europe!
  • Cons:Nothing, by now!
  • In a nutshell:My favourite in the Baltic!
  • Last visit to Vilnius: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 29, 2004

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2008 at 5:59 AM

Stavo pensando alla Lituania per le mie vacanze estive. Good page. Ciao!

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2006 at 7:34 AM

We spent a day here nery nice too!

• Jan 18, 2006 at 4:47 AM

I am glad you liked my country (Lithuania) but you could find nicer pictures. Some of them are really nice but not all of them...

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2005 at 9:36 AM

Superb pages on Lithuanias historic capital. Hope to be there one day.

• Apr 7, 2005 at 3:37 AM

Wonderful page! Very informative with nice pictures. Real guidebook!!

• Mar 9, 2005 at 12:34 PM

Enjoyed your page! And totally agree, Vilnius is my favourite of the Baltic capitals - haven't done much work on my Vilnius page yet, but our opening photos are almost identical.. :o)

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2005 at 12:09 AM

Nice page! Carlo, I am happy you enjoyed Vilnius and whole Lithuania. You have seen lot of nice things in Vilnius. Tips are accurate and helpful. Greetings with joining TOP 5 of Vilnius pages!

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2005 at 4:10 AM

A great and concise page! You understood much of the spirit of this niice place.

“Travelling is the meaning of life!”

Badges & Stats in Vilnius

Have you been to Vilnius?

Latest Activity in Vilnius