"Kuldīga, here it's still middle ages!" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuldiga by Carletto76
Kuldiga Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 100 photos
I spent in Kuldīga my first Latvian night, just arrived there in mid afternoon from Liepaja. Here there are no big industries, pollution and big, ugly communist apartment blocks (just a couple!); here is still an old medieval town, with old houses, often made of wood, or half-timbered in the "German way", and, big difference with Liepaja, most of them are newly restored, so that this town can be considered as one of the nicest and most picturesque villages in Latvia! At least I didn't see any other which was better! ;-)
And Kuldīga is also where the wide falls of river Venta are... here they say they are the widest in Europe, but few people believe that, anyway it's a very pleasant place, and there are no doubts abou that!
- Pros:Very nice and picturesque medievan town
- Cons:Stil some restoration work to do!
- In a nutshell:Go back to the middle ages!
Kuldīga's bus station (auto osta) is quite far from the town centre, at Stacijas 2. As you can see on the picture,... more travel advice
And here is one of the few, horrible, communist buildings in Kuldīga, but the Hotel is actually good, modern, clean... more travel advice
Carletto76's Related Pages
Kuldiga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Abava Valley"
- "Kuldiga - the home of longest waterfall in Europe"
- "Kuldīga, here it's still middle ages!"
- "Kuldiga, my favourite city in Kurzeme"
- "Bonio in Kuldiga"
- "Kuldiga and it's neighbours"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuldiga
- Hotels in Kuldiga
- Transportation in Kuldiga
- Restaurants in Kuldiga
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kuldiga
- 10 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Kuldiga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuldiga
Photos in KuldigaSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Genoa Intro, 65 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 46 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 23 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hrodna Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Hamburg Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos
- Gdansk Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kaunas Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trakai Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues