"One (crazy) night in Brest" Top 5 Page for this destination Brest by Carletto76
Brest Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 119 photos
Brest was not on my plans during my trip to Belarus... or better, it was surely a nice idea to visit the Fortress of Brest, the most impressive amont Soviet memorials, but there were also other places I wanted to visit before, and so it was some sort of "second choice". In reality my trip went quite differently than expected and after 5 days in Minsk (really too many) I took the first marshrutka to Brest, which unfortunately took 2 hours more than expected (the train would have been a much better solution, but Belarusian friends convinced me that the minivan was faster, but not the one I took) and I arrived in the centre of this border town at about half an hour before the closing time of the Fortress, which is out of town.
So I sadly went to look for a hotel in the centre and prepared to a lonely night in this rather unknown city (hard to find a guide to Belarus and if you find it it won't talk about Brest, if not for the Fortress).
The lonely night transformed itself in the craziest night I spent in Belarus since once I arrived at a hotel there was a true Belarusian wedding inside going on, and I was invited at once as "guest star from Italy", drinking vodka all the time, of course! :)
So I really had very very little time to explore Brest. It was just from the bus station to the railway station, which are by the way on the two opposite sides of the old town. But I liked Brest at once, the centre is really nice and most of all is restored and where it's not they are working on it. So here I can show you some of the few pics and tips I could collect.
- Pros:It was a surprise to find a pretty small old town
- Cons:Unfortunately I couldn't see the main landmark
- In a nutshell:Brest is not France! :P
There's a very nice orthodox church just close to the bus station, in the heart of Brest old town. I don't know the name... more travel advice
This is the first street in Brest you will walk along if you come by train. After passing on the bridge over the railway... more travel advice
Carletto76's Related Pages
Brest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brest. Warshavsky Most 1999 -2005."
- "My Brest"
- "One (crazy) night in Brest"
- "BREST 2005"
- "aliante1981's new Brest Page"
- "GOOD Brest (Belarus) Raffmo's Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brest
- Hotels in Brest
- Transportation in Brest
- Restaurants in Brest
- Warnings and Dangers in Brest
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Brest
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Brest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brest
Photos in BrestSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Genoa Intro, 65 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 46 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 29 reviews, 87 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 23 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hrodna Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Hamburg Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos
- Gdansk Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kaunas Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trakai Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues