"Carson has it all-IKEA, Jollibee, Goodyear Blimp!" Top 5 Page for this destination Carson by VdV
Carson Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 61 photos
Although my home page says I live in Los Angeles, I actually live in Carson, an incorporated city within Los Angeles County (and go 1-2 blocks from my house and you're in "Los Angeles" and another block and you're in "Torrance." L.A. is really one big region.
The great thing about Carson is it's multicultural diversity. It's about equal in terms of ethnic groups: Latinos, Asian/Pacific Islanders, Blacks, Whites (about 25 percent each.) Even within the various racial groups, there's huge diversity--for example, Asian/Pacific Islanders encompass a large Samoan community, many USN retired Filipino American families, a growing Asian Indian population, Japanese Americans who have been living in the community for about 3 generations, etc.
You can drive down Carson St. or Avalon and get great Mexican, Filipino, Chinese, Southern, Hawaiian, Thai, etc. food.
There's a strong community feeling here--lots of festivals, and people take pride in the youth--Carson has an excellent Parks and Recreation program.
Carson is also home to many internationally recognized icons--the Goodyear Blimp calls Carson its home; IKEA is located right off the 405 freeway here; the fairly new Home Depot Center (sports/concert venue) located here; and...JOLLIBEE has landed in Carson, too!
Keep checking back as I post recs for my home city.
- Pros:Great cultural diversity, yummy food, good community feeling...
- Cons:No one really knows where Carson is; misperceptions about crime, etc.
- In a nutshell:It's the best of all worlds!
This is my absolute favorite place to go for a half hour of exercise, stress relief, and just plain fun. I think it... more travel advice
Red Ribbon is a Philippine bakeshop, famous for its pastries and hot foods: lumpia (egg rolls--fried or fresh/not... more travel advice
VdV's Related Pages
Carson Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where I live now."
- "Carson has it all-IKEA, Jollibee, Goodyear Blimp!"
- "Carson, CA"
- "Dog Night At Los Angeles Riptide Game"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Carson
- Hotels in Carson
- Restaurants in Carson
- Warnings and Dangers in Carson
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Carson
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Carson?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carson
Photos in CarsonSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curitiba Intro, 36 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puebla de Zaragoza Intro, 23 reviews, 36 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 4 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Évora Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belém Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pasadena Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guanajuato Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponce Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Morretes Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (33)
Latest Carson hotel reviews
- Hilton Carson Civic Plaza
- 134 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013