"Isla Verde--east of the main tourist drag" Isla Verde by VdV
Isla Verde Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 15 photos
The beach in Isla Verde is supposedly less crowded than those in the main tourist area (Condado.) It is also very safe (police are riding their ATVs along the shoreline at all hours of the day and night), the water warm, and the sunset views incredible. The sand is a bit grainy and "shell"y, but not uncomfortable to walk on. The wave breaks are just big enough to be picturesque, but small enough to make it a safe beach for children to swim and play.
As you go east on the beach, there is a camping area, but after that, the beach is even less crowded. Again, it is not even very crowded in front of the hotels to begin with, so going east, you will probably have a big spot of sand and water completely to yourself.
- Pros:Uncrowded beaches, safe, BEAUTIFUL sunsets
- Cons:Noise from airport is very loud; not much within walking distance of hotels.
- In a nutshell:Good if you want creature comforts of hotel but don't want the crowds of Condado
VdV's Related Pages
Isla Verde Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Travelling to the Island"
- "Isla Verde--east of the main tourist drag"
- "Jumping Around Isla Verde Beach!"
- See All...
- Hotels in Isla Verde
- Transportation in Isla Verde
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla Verde
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla Verde
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Isla Verde?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Verde
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Curitiba Intro, 36 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puebla de Zaragoza Intro, 23 reviews, 36 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 4 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Évora Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belém Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pasadena Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Guanajuato Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponce Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Morretes Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos