"Betong" Betong by andrewyong
Betong Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 27 photos
The southernmost town of Thailand, it sits across the border from Baling, Kedah on the Malaysian border.
Formerly a communist insurgents' stronghold, the underground tunnelled hideout of the insurgents at the hilltop now make an interesting visit off the beaten track.
The retaurant at the entrance to the attraction serves simple local and very delicious food.
There is a hot spring on the way to the hilltop site where you can cooked quails eggs by dipping them into sulphuric smelling water!
Otherwise, Betong town is just a transit town for traders though there is a lively market selling all kinds of titbits.
It's a shame that you can also never avoid the creatures of the night who might also work in daylight hours. It's a vicious circle that just gets deeper I suppose.
andrewyong's Related Pages
Betong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Betong, Yala Province, Thailand"
- "The Communist Guerillas"
- "One of 3 entrances to Thailand"
- "THE CLOSEST 'GATE' TO THAILAND FROM MY HOMETOWN"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Betong
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Betong?Share Your Travels
Top 10 Pages
- George Town Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Tignes Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- Geneva Intro, 10 reviews
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews
- Brugge Intro, 8 reviews
- Tokyo Intro, 7 reviews
- Cambridge Intro, 7 reviews
- Vatican City Intro, 6 reviews
- Mexico City Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
No friends yet.