"Danoen Saduak" Ratchaburi by andrewyong

Ratchaburi Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 37 photos

The authentic floating market

The Bangkok floating market today is just so touristy and, though I didn't go (after being given a run-down), I heard it's nothing more than a drain, with putrid smell hanging in the air and just boats selling souvenirs. The khlongs (canals) of Bangkok are all but almost gone with the expansion of the city into a metroplitan giant.

What I know, which I managed to persuade my friends to go along with me, is that the floating market selling vegetables and food on boats in khlongs has been shifted to Danoen Saduak in Ratchaburi Province, about 2 hours away south-west of Bangkok.

We took a guided tour there to releave ourselves of the hassle to find out the way ourselves since my friends were a couple, and the lady needed some luxury or so it seems.

However, though I was glad that I went there and ate some Thai staple breakfast consisting of noodle soup, one must be wary what the soup is made of since the coulour seem to reflect that of the khlong! hehehe... it smells all the same like any ol' drain

• Last visit to Ratchaburi: Dec 2000
  • Intro Updated Mar 7, 2006

Comments

andrewyong

“enjoying the world!”

Badges & Stats in Ratchaburi

Have you been to Ratchaburi?

Latest Activity in Ratchaburi