Bangladesh Nightlife Tips by Saagar Top 5 Page for this destination
Bangladesh Nightlife: 11 reviews and 7 photos
You may find a resemblance to high-end decadent night life in the top hotels in town and clubs and homes of international businesses and representations.
If you are looking for a cold beer - none of that in the streets or local businesses - my best bet are the coffe bars, bars, and restaurants of the top hotels.
Dress Code: A business jacket over a nice shirt, ok shoes will do (male).
Directions: Just get to any of the three-four top hotels.
Theme: Eating and Drinking
Night activity: sky watching
There isn't much night activity in Bangladeshi villages outside festival times.
Bring a book, torch, postcards and other self-entertainment things unless you want to hit the sack at 9 pm.
Schools and religious institutions with boarding pupils and students organise devotional songs and music as the end-of-the day program, and this can be very, very beautiful and a moving experience, not to be missed.
Lighting them nuts
When night falls the remaining street peddlers set themselves up with kerosene lamps. The peanut sellers' portable stalls become places of snacks and light conversations - easy to mingle and you will help draw more cutomers. Your presence is much appreciated. And the nuts are good, too!
Dress Code: Anything modest goes. But it's definitely after hours and longyi time.
Theme: People Watching
Fish of all sorts ready for the pot
As a nightlife spot it's a bit odd, depending on your definition.
I found it very, very interesting to visit the semi-indoor markets (fish, spices, vegetables, fruits, meat, garments, you name it) in the Shantinagar area after darkness has fallen outside. Here the freshest ingredients for today's dinner og tomorrow's breakfast are purchased.
This is a good place to buy your mosquito net, too.
Just take in the atmosphere and be prepared for a bit of stir; this ain't a tourist spot.
Address: Shantinagar, Dhaka
More Reviews (74)
- See All Good coverage of Bangladesh on Google...
- See All Airlines' domestic routes in B'desh
- See All An excellent shop with a cause
- See All Hot chillies
- Sweet peanut sellers
- See All Buddhist influence in the Raozan area of...
- See All Flimsy bridges
- See All Maheskhali Island Buddhist stupas
- See All Appropriate dress for women.
- See All Tired of Chittagong City?
- See All Hotel in Comilla
- Packing for Bangladesh
Saagar's Related Pages
Bangladesh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saagar's Bangladesh pages"
- "A big relief after India"
- "My first Foreign Tour"
- "My Once Upon a Time Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangladesh
- Hotels in Bangladesh
- Transportation in Bangladesh
- Nightlife in Bangladesh
- Restaurants in Bangladesh
- Shopping in Bangladesh
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangladesh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangladesh
- 78 Reviews
- 91 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Bangladesh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangladesh
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Svalbard Intro, 141 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 162 reviews, 131 photos, 6 travelogues
- Asker Intro, 161 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nepal Intro, 108 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mongolia Intro, 84 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Simikot Intro, 67 reviews, 122 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangladesh Intro, 78 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pokhara Intro, 75 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seychelles Intro, 70 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenland Intro, 52 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues