Asker Nightlife Tips by Saagar
Asker Nightlife: 3 reviews and 1 photos
Asker Blues Club has a good program, see their web page below.
They normally have fixed club nights at Baracoa and the odd additional concerts and event participation.
Do not ever underestimate the quality of Norwegian blues, even if this place is far from the origin of blues....
Dress Code: Informal, if not otherwise indicated in program and ads.
Address: Baracoa Bar and restaurant, Asker center
Directions: Go downtown, check the Asker House of Culture, find Baracoa to the left side of there.
Theme: Live Music
A few times in spring and into late summer jazz nights at sea are organised by Asker Jazzklubb in collaboration with a couple of boat owners and the municipality of Asker.
Using the boat MS Linan the jazz route is between the islands in Vestfjorden and onto open water as the night falls. There is a food buffet, live music with the food and a proper concers as well as a dancing session. Several musicians and band representing a range of jazz traditions will play.
Check www.kulturuken.no for the next trip.
Tickets NOK 265. Discounts for members of the local jazz club and Budstikka card holders.
Dress Code: It may get cold, so nice, but not over the top and good outerwear kept handy.
Directions: Departs from Sandvika's Kadettangen pier at 19:00 hrs on the days of the event.
Theme: Live Music
Asker beach life...
After sundown the life goes on at Asker's sea cliffs, boulders and beaches. There are some very nice spots for BBqs, picnics, night swimming and simply just hang out and experience the day wane.
Dress Code: Depends on the weather... from sweater to nothing...
Directions: See my Asker beach bumming travelogue when I get going on that one ... too cold yet...
Lancelot entrance on the corner
More Reviews (157)
- See All At Bjerkås, surprisingly tasty food, big...
- See All A conference hotel with more than ...
- See All Autumn book market at Holmen
- See All Picking mushrooms
- See All Hindu temple in Asker
- See All Bærums Verk
- See All Ski bus to Solli
- See All Climate change - will Asker be...
- See All Trouble with trees?
- See All Special shipping, cargo needs?
- No tourist traps???
- Don't come without bathing gear during...
Saagar's Related Pages
Asker Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Asker!"
- "My hometown - Asker"
- "Asker living no joy"
- "My home until summer 2002"
- "Asker - the place where I grew up"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Asker
- Hotels in Asker
- Transportation in Asker
- Nightlife in Asker
- Restaurants in Asker
- Shopping in Asker
- Warnings and Dangers in Asker
- See All...
Explore the World
- Vancouver Island Hotels
- Havelock Hotels
- Ralph Stover State Park Hotels
- Ipswich Hotels
Badges & Stats in Asker
- 161 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Asker?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Asker
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Svalbard Intro, 141 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 162 reviews, 131 photos, 6 travelogues
- Asker Intro, 161 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nepal Intro, 108 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mongolia Intro, 84 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Simikot Intro, 67 reviews, 122 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangladesh Intro, 78 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pokhara Intro, 75 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seychelles Intro, 70 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenland Intro, 52 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues