"Aure - a puzzle of fjords and islands" Aure by Saagar
Aure Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Obviously, there must be a lot of fish in a municipality with so much water; fjords, lakes, rivers, rain... In the Norwegian, the name Aure (=trout) is both charming and familiar, but distinctly odd.
It is located between the city of Kristiansund and Trondheim, and you can reach here by road/bus and boat. The municipal border is an artificial one for tourists, so what is interesting for visitors here is the coastal landscape encompassing the entire area between Molde/Kristiansund and the Trondheim fjord. there are few singularily outstanding sights in Aure, but rather a heap of smallish adventures spread around. Few people live here, so what you will be looking for is landscapes, some nice fjord views, mountain hikes, perhaps kayaking if you got one (rental is possible), fishing in the sea and mountain lakes etc.
Fjord visits: there are a few places that give nice views of the fjord landscape here, notably Brekka, Fonna mountains and Mistfjord.
Mountain hikes: good hiking just off the road anywhere, but the main attraction is the week-long Fjord Route encompassing Aure mountains. Self-service huts along the way.
Local food: Only one main place of note, (t b continued)
A wonderful and easily accessible vantage point, Litj-Fonna is a mountain with a 280 degree view of the fjords and the... more travel advice
Saagar's Related Pages
Aure Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Aure
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Aure?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aure
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 3 reviews, 16777215 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Svalbard Intro, 141 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 162 reviews, 131 photos, 6 travelogues
- Asker Intro, 161 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nepal Intro, 108 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mongolia Intro, 84 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Simikot Intro, 67 reviews, 122 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangladesh Intro, 78 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pokhara Intro, 75 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seychelles Intro, 70 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues