Oslo Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Saagar
Oslo Warnings and Dangers: 67 reviews and 48 photos
Falling bits, pieces and whole icicles is a big problem during very cold days in Oslo, and espcially when it start to thaw again. House owners mark the danger by ropiing off part of the pavement and putting up warning signs and wooden barriers preventing you half-heartedly from passing below the worst danger.
Oslo city center
Underneath the surface of Oslo you find a near-complete Swiss cheese of tunnels and pipes and cables. For a relatively small capital, Oslo has the most rail transport per capita, and lots of this is underground; trains, subway, roads. The maintenance of this and the putting in of new stuff always creates changed traffic patterns and troubles for motorised traffic. The best bet is to do Oslo by foot and subway. Oslo is also the scene of major construction and reconstruction an just about any time.
New Karl Johan street - worse for physical access
Out of 67 checked restaurants, museums and accommodations 62 are inaccessible to wheelchair users, the blind, the deaf and those with allerigies according to "VisitOslo" (tourist authorities). I take an interest in this because my mom is wheelchair bound.
Typically, Oslo's politicians wanted to make Oslo European No. 1 access city for the physically handicapped within the 10-year period 1995-2005. Typically, the very same politicians and political parties have done nothing with regards to this in respect to old buildings, and next to nothing regarding new buildings (laws, regulations, financial incentives). Not has the private sector done anything. Very little has changed over these years. Oslo cannot hide behind a bad topography, either... In fact, the city is becoming less accessible for the elderly and physically handicapped. This is not a polemic against Oslo's gallup- and cash-focussed next-month-statistics politicians (well, it could easlily become a nice blog, no?). It is simply a warning against Oslo as a place to visit for the physically handicapped. Check hotels and restaurants and museums etc. for access, toilets etc.
If this one is overhead, find Gunnar!
If you come down with some travellers' disease, pick up a bug in Norway or need vaccines for your next destination, Reiseklinikken (Oslo International Travel Clinic) does a great job. Their price level is a step above the municipal services, but non-EU travellers would not benefit from those prices anyway, so with the services provided,it's about the best you can get.
Located centrally in Oslo.
Gunnar, who runs the clinic, is a bird fan, so I add a bird photo.... Don't worry - he differs between people and feathered critters in the medical sphere!
For a more indepth tip on this, see my Norway pages.
Other Contact: St. Olavs plass 3, 0165 Oslo
More Reviews (90)
- See All Good Indian food near Aker Brygge
- See All Bollywood in Oslo
- See All Cheap, good and right in the centre!
- The Oslofjord islands and penninsulas
- See All Flea Market #2 in Oslo
- See All Getting to Oslo from Copenhagen by ship
Saagar's Related Pages
Oslo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OSLO - NORWAY´S CAPITAL CITY."
- "oslo my home (bomb) town"
- "The fantastic capital of Norway"
- "My Own Private Oslo"
- "Oslo: Scratch below for the real soul"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oslo
- Hotels in Oslo
- Transportation in Oslo
- Nightlife in Oslo
- Restaurants in Oslo
- Shopping in Oslo
- Warnings and Dangers in Oslo
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tagaytay Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Sentul Hotels
- Beavers Bend State Park Hotels
- Palma de Mallorca
- Kuala Lumpur Hotels
- La Spezia
- Cabo San Lucas Warnings and Dangers
- Bangkok Warnings and Dangers
- Dominican Republic Warnings and Dangers
- New York City Warnings and Dangers
- New Orleans Warnings and Dangers
- Rio de Janeiro Warnings and Dangers
- Ensenada Warnings and Dangers
- Phuket Warnings and Dangers
- Angeles City Warnings and Dangers
- Puerto Rico Warnings and Dangers
- Abu Dhabi Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Oslo
- 94 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 29 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Oslo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oslo
Photos in OsloSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Svalbard Intro, 141 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 162 reviews, 131 photos, 6 travelogues
- Asker Intro, 161 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nepal Intro, 108 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mongolia Intro, 84 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Simikot Intro, 67 reviews, 122 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangladesh Intro, 78 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pokhara Intro, 75 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seychelles Intro, 70 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenland Intro, 52 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Oslo hotel reviews
- Rica Helsfyr Hotel
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 19, 2013
- Tulip Inn Rainbow Norrona Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- First Hotel Millennium
- 142 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Norlandia Saga Hotel
- 126 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Thon Hotel Cecil
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 18, 2013
- Rica Victoria Hotel Oslo
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Thon Opera
- 375 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Scandic Oslo Sjolyst
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2013
- Scandic Byporten Oslo
- 239 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Haraldsheim Hotel
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 26, 2013
- Ritz Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Radisson SAS Hotel Nydalen
- 112 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- MS INNVIK
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2012
- Gardermoen Airport Hotel
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 12, 2013
- Vigelandsparken- 134 Reviews, 300 Photos
- Vikingship museum (Viking skip museum)- 66 Reviews, 128 Photos
- Kon Tiki Museum- 41 Reviews, 72 Photos
- Karl Johansgate- 33 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Oslo City Hall- 63 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Norwegian Folk museum- 53 Reviews, 130 Photos
- Akershus Fortress- 83 Reviews, 188 Photos
- Aker Brygge- 41 Reviews, 96 Photos
- Holmenkollen- 68 Reviews, 122 Photos
- The Royal Palace- 51 Reviews, 84 Photos
See All Oslo Things to Do