Dushanbe Hotel Tips by Saagar Top 5 Page for this destination
Dushanbe Hotels: 219 reviews and 11 photos
Avesto Rudaki front
I stayed here for nearly a week altogether. A reminder of the old days of massive architecture and Soviet ideals. Rooms vary a lot, small, big, different designs, but the general carpeting theme does nothing for the smell of smokers and old days. Plumbing is somewhat variable, too, but there was hot water for a shower in my room. The bed linen was nice and clean and was changed often. Comfy writing desk.
Unique Qualities: Next to the mosque, but somehow their minaret loudspeakers seem to be under popular control, so not overtly loud.
Business centre and internet facility 1 floor up from the lobby, ok, but slow. Street side internet connections might me better on occasions, and somewhat cheaper.
The lobby shop that can change money, provide some souvenirs (mainly Uzbek), sell a few clothing items, notably cover-ups for women and leather jackets for men - go local! They also sell drinks and substitute the lack of a minibar in the room. Closes earlyin the afternoon, though.
An ATM is also in the lobby, a safe and sound place to obtain money before you set out for the day.
In the park fronting Rudaki there is a small but very pleasant lunch-evening kiosk-style eatery that can do good dishes and varieties of drinks if you hesitate to hit the city proper. Very good for a relaxed end of the day, too.
Address: Rudaki 105
Comparison: about average
Directions: Across from Merv restaurant on Rudaki (western side).
Never stayed here, but it was warmly recommended to me.
Unique Qualities: Location.
Address: Marians guesthouse, house 67/1 Shotemur st., Dushanbe
Comparison: less expensive than average
Other Contact: fax: +992 91 9015071
Phone: +992 93 5050089
Website: http://email: email@example.com
More Reviews (27)
- See All Outdoors but indoors
- See All Stroll Rudaki in the evening
- See All Ministry of Foreign Affairs building
- See All Train in Tajikistan
Saagar's Related Pages
Dushanbe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Dushanbe Sojourn"
- "Hub to the Pamirs"
- "Visit Dushanbe"
- "Tajikistan is..."
- "Monday, Monday!"
- "Dushanbe - a faded jewel"
- "Dushanbe, Tajikistan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dushanbe
- Hotels in Dushanbe
- Transportation in Dushanbe
- Nightlife in Dushanbe
- Restaurants in Dushanbe
- Shopping in Dushanbe
- Warnings and Dangers in Dushanbe
- See All...
Explore the World
- Resortquest Celadon Beach Resort
- Namba Washington Plaza
- Hotel Occidental Balmoral
- Giang Son Guesthouse
- Scottish Inns And Suites Absecon
- Hotel Garni
- La Santa Maria
- Plymouth YHA
- Beijing Ziyingge Hotel Beijing
- Grand Victorian @ Spring Lake
- Hershey Farm Hotel
- Sandy Spring Hotel
- Umbrella Tree House
- The Home
Badges & Stats in Dushanbe
- 29 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Dushanbe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dushanbe
Photos in DushanbeSee All Photos (34)
Read real reviews about Dushanbe Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Svalbard Intro, 141 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 162 reviews, 131 photos, 6 travelogues
- Asker Intro, 161 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nepal Intro, 108 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mongolia Intro, 84 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Simikot Intro, 67 reviews, 122 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangladesh Intro, 78 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pokhara Intro, 75 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seychelles Intro, 70 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenland Intro, 52 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues