Saagar's profile photo

Saagar

Olav Online Now
It's better to be approximately right than precisely wrong...

My Favorite Pages

Africa

Nepal

Travel Map

Prazwol Apr 19, 2016 at 1:53 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Trekking Routes'. I appreciate your advice.

rosata's Profile Photo
rosata Mar 22, 2016 at 3:01 PM

Happy Birthday, Olav!

Saagar Mar 29, 2016 at 1:12 AM

Thank you very much! Hope all is well with you!

into-thin-air's Profile Photo
into-thin-air Mar 22, 2016 at 1:10 PM

Happy Birthday Olav – I Hope that you are having a Good’n :-)

Saagar Mar 30, 2016 at 6:03 AM

Congrats, grandpa! I probably should have been grandpa, too, but became father at "old age", by adopting two (foreign origin) children, so I do have the advantage and the excellent excuse of going back to their countries once in a while. However, the cost of travelling one happy guy to countries where the flight cost 600 dollars, suddenly jumped to a neat 5000 for us all. And wifey needs better beds and more safety so the transport and hotel bills run higher, too. The old days are gone. Can't run away from the rest! All this said, the kids are being trained well in travel skills and roughing it, wifey loves travelling, and anything goes for food. I have two worries with the kids - traffic and dogs. They love dogs and they think cars and dogs behave as in Norway - dangerous. With kids, city breaks and big cities generally have been off, but we are upgrading as the kids grow. That's why we went to Venice a year ago - no cars, and the water they'd manage if falling in! I might have some pics of them on my Venice page, which I think I have left quite undeveloped, though. This May we go to Paris (which my wife knows but me not - only from inside-office-buildings-job travels), and in the autumn we go back to my daughter's homeland, Nepal. My son is from Hunan, PRC. So if I sounded down and out, that's not the case - just different travelling, far more aspects to consider. The really old lady in the family (MIL, 89 yrs) prevents us from the long escapades and job moves abroad, but the kids have never been around old people prior to coming to us, so there is a good trade-off. Maybe I could add some travel tips for people travelling with kids? Have a good one!

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo
    Odinnthor Mar 30, 2016 at 9:52 AM

I understand completely my friend. I introduced my Paris to travel, and she's been around as well, and wants some more. And yeah, write some tips on travel with kids. I know Paris will sample them. Be safe compadre.......d:o)

Odinnthor's Profile Photo
Odinnthor Mar 22, 2016 at 10:06 AM

That time again Olav, - just a note to wish you the best B-Day ever! Make it epic my friend.......d:o)

Saagar Mar 29, 2016 at 1:29 AM

Thanks for your great wishes - sorry to report it was not according to your wish, nevertheless a good one! I adopted kids a few years back and that keeps me financially and socially away from the adventurous life style I used to have. So I had a moderate birthday. Luckily the kids are good travelers, they have been a rund quite a bit. But now stuck with school, so the holidays are set and limited. Through the kids' eyes there are many smaller adventures to be had, perhaps with equal significance to visits to famous places and after long overseas' travels, so I am happy to return to smaller things to do. Besides this I am writing a book to be published this autumn, "Adventures in Nepal", basically cataloguing non-motorized adventures/activities you can do in Nepal - beyond the guidebooks' selected few "top things to do" tyranny. Hope you are doing well!

mtncorg's Profile Photo
mtncorg Mar 22, 2016 at 8:12 AM

The snow is great for another great year - have a grand one!

Saagar Mar 29, 2016 at 1:30 AM

Thank you for birthday wishes! I had a calm birthday with my family, and later, spent Easter in the snow in central Norway. Hope you are doing well!

Odinnthor's Profile Photo
Odinnthor Apr 14, 2015 at 10:40 PM

Just a quick note to hope that you had a great Birthday Olav.

Saagar Apr 22, 2015 at 3:59 AM

Thanks, wonderful! My birthday wishes for the day were good skiing conditions and happy children. Got all of that!

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo
    Odinnthor Apr 22, 2015 at 4:22 AM

Can't beat that my friend..........d:o)

rosata's Profile Photo
rosata Mar 22, 2015 at 7:48 AM

Wishing you a Happy Birthday!

into-thin-air's Profile Photo
into-thin-air Mar 22, 2015 at 6:02 AM

Happy Birthday Olav – I Hope that you are having a Great Day :-)

Saagar May 28, 2015 at 6:32 AM

Hi, how are you doing? Hope all is well with you and your business. Hope your business partners are fine. All the best, Olav

• into-thin-air's Profile Photo
    into-thin-air May 29, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Hi Olav – I’m just out of hospital after having my knee surgery, progressing, but Slowly, Planning to head back to Nepal in March next year, Thankfully all my Nepali friends as associates seem to have survived the quakes :-) – Thanks again - Rob

MalenaN's Profile Photo
MalenaN Mar 22, 2015 at 4:05 AM

Happy BIrthday Olav! Wish you a great day!

Saagar Apr 22, 2015 at 4:02 AM

Thank you, Malena! I had a good day skiing in the mountains with happy children, exactly what I wanted for my birthday!

Parisforless's Profile Photo
Parisforless Apr 8, 2014 at 1:12 PM

I'm very late but I still want to wish you a happy birthday and many more to come!
Svetlana