"Gorgeous Goa" Goa by susie46
Goa Travel Guide: 2,065 reviews and 3,938 photos
Endless sandy beaches, scorching sunshine and a lovely warm sea - what more could a beach lover wish for. Whilst we were soaking up the rays we spotted dolphins flipping through the waves - pure bliss. The River Princess is still wedged but we found this to be a great conversation piece - what would we do with it ? Maybe change it into a floating casino or a water sports base - we had fun dreaming about this ( must keep on buying the Lottery ticket ) !!
We spent a lot of time on the beach during our 3 weeks - mainly to cope with the extreme heat. Shacks were dotted along the beach and all the ones we tried gave a very good service with a great choice of menu. The prices were very cheap we paid approx 340 rupees for the whole day which included lots of drinks, meals and sunbed-hire
We travelled into Old Goa with its narrow streets and beautifully preserved churches, including the impressive Basilica of Born Jesus (the mausoleum of the state's patron saint Francis Xavier can be viewed here although he will be moved to the Cathedral next door during early Dec 2004). We looked at Hindu Temples around Goa and would recommend a visit to the Capital Panjim ( excellant place to shop for super bargains )
- Pros:The people are so friendly and warm, the weather is great, the cost of living is very cheap
- Cons:The return flight home !!
- In a nutshell:A mixture of frantic and relaxed
This photo is taken inside a church in Old Goa more travel advice
You will see wildlife in Goa. During our visit we were driving along when the taxi suddenly stopped..there was a huge... more travel advice
- See All The Beach Sellers
- Evening Bliss
- See All Undesirables
- Rock hard beds
susie46's Related Pages
Goa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Gem that's Goa"
- "Sun, Sand, & Shacks in Goa"
- "My Goa Experience"
- "GOLDEN GOA - WHERE FUN NEVER SETS !"
- "Just right..."
- "Succulence, Sun, Spices & Shacks - GOA!"
- "Baga, Goa - just a taste of India"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Goa
- Hotels in Goa
- Transportation in Goa
- Nightlife in Goa
- Restaurants in Goa
- Shopping in Goa
- Warnings and Dangers in Goa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Goa
- 16 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Goa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goa
Top 5 Pages
- Goa Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- Egypt Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 3 reviews
- Prefecture of Zante (Zakynthos) Intro, 2 reviews
- Nottingham Intro, 1 review