"Whyalla" Whyalla by Diceman_
Whyalla Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 43 photos
There's not a whole lot in Whyalla, it's a place that's seen better days but as long as BHP (now OneSteel) is in town there's no danger of it becoming a ghost town.
It's dry, it's dusty, part of it is covered in red dust from the steelworks but it's sunny and has all the mod cons (Pizza Hut, Blockbuster, Harvey Norman etc.). I've been here a number of times to visit relatives. My parents met in Whyalla during the steel and shipbuilding boomtime in the 70's, so without Whyalla I wouldn't be here.
There's a few tourist things to do, which I've featured in my travel tips.
- Pros:Absence of cloud cover, unhurried.
- Cons:Seen better times, dry landscape.
The Whyalla Visitor Centre is situated on Lincoln Highway at the norhern approach to Whyalla, next to the HMAS... more travel advice
You can go on a tour of the BHP (OneSteel) Steelworks, I'd rate it as the most insteresting thing to do in Whyalla. Part... more travel advice
Diceman_'s Related Pages
Whyalla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Why Why Why Whyalla"
- "Whyalla - industrial heart of the Eyre Peninsula"
- "WHYALLA - WHERE THE OUTBACK MEETS THE SEA!"
- "Ron Price's Whyalla Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whyalla
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Whyalla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whyalla
Photos in WhyallaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Adelaide Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Streaky Bay 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Whyalla Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Elliston 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Lake Gilles 1 review, 5 photos
- Woomera Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Canberra Intro, 4 photos