"Life in Guinea" Guinea by africateach
Guinea Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 83 photos
Living here now.
For now... People are nice, most food is good (fallen in love with REGRAW)! Attractions are minimal, but ex-pats are good to be around when you want to go party at the local bars!
Ok, well I have been here for a year and I can tell you that visiting the states really lets me know how lucky I am to be an american. I like it here because it is a great culture to know, but there are many other spots to visit.
I am not into the whole Guinean dancing thing, so when I say there is nothing to do, it is also because I am without transportation. Taxis are plentiful but not reliable. Also, it is not easy to just get a taxi to drive around and see things, but fortunately I have made friends in which to relax and even get crazy with.
I have not been to Iles De Los yes, but have heard it is nice to go for the weekend.
Now I am not one to say that Guinea is by any means an easy place to live in, but the mornings here are just incredible! Just around 7am the sun breaks thought the clouds and the dirt has not yet worked itself up to your face! The sun at 9 degrees above the equator really is beautiful! Worth getting up for... even if you do have to go to work!!!
- Pros:People are accomodating, if you speak the language
- Cons:Not much to do and very expensive to fly out!
- In a nutshell:Culture shock!!!
africateach's Related Pages
Guinea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rasta_Rob's Guinea Page"
- "Jeremy_Stone's Guinea Page"
- "Life in Guinea"
- "nature of Kendoumaya"
- "Guinee poor but happy people's country"
- "Couture_M's new Guinea Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guinea
- Hotels in Guinea
- Transportation in Guinea
- Nightlife in Guinea
- Restaurants in Guinea
- Shopping in Guinea
- Warnings and Dangers in Guinea
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Guinea
- 58 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Guinea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guinea
Top 10 Pages
- Conakry Intro, 39 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verbier Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yaounde 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Goree Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dakar Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Prefecture de Labe Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Douala Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Chicago Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Madrid Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos