"Life in Guinea" Guinea by africateach

Guinea Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 83 photos

Livin in Guinea

Living here now.
For now... People are nice, most food is good (fallen in love with REGRAW)! Attractions are minimal, but ex-pats are good to be around when you want to go party at the local bars!

Ok, well I have been here for a year and I can tell you that visiting the states really lets me know how lucky I am to be an american. I like it here because it is a great culture to know, but there are many other spots to visit.

I am not into the whole Guinean dancing thing, so when I say there is nothing to do, it is also because I am without transportation. Taxis are plentiful but not reliable. Also, it is not easy to just get a taxi to drive around and see things, but fortunately I have made friends in which to relax and even get crazy with.

I have not been to Iles De Los yes, but have heard it is nice to go for the weekend.

Mornings

Now I am not one to say that Guinea is by any means an easy place to live in, but the mornings here are just incredible! Just around 7am the sun breaks thought the clouds and the dirt has not yet worked itself up to your face! The sun at 9 degrees above the equator really is beautiful! Worth getting up for... even if you do have to go to work!!!

• Pros:People are accomodating, if you speak the language
  • Cons:Not much to do and very expensive to fly out!
  • In a nutshell:Culture shock!!!
  • Last visit to Guinea: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 4, 2005

africateach Used To Live Here!

africateach

“Well, that was fun! What's next!!!”

Badges & Stats in Guinea