"Beauty in the 3rd World" Conakry by africateach
Conakry Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 49 photos
I feel that with all the garbage, dust, disease and famine in this part of the world, the heat makes up for all that!!!
Just kidding! This place has been my home now for over a year and it has taken some getting used to. Especially since I was a true American before I arrived, but we are slowly chipping away at that too!!!
Still here for the 2nd year and keep enjoying the view from my balcony. I am in the process of moving from this place and can only hope for the sea to be as beauitful as some of the sunrises over the Mosque!!!
In driving down the roads, you need to keep your eyes open for the funniest stuff! This countryside is beautiful and the man who is driving the truck (if you can see) has decided to accent the scene with his feet!!! The accurate depiction of Guinean mentality... Keep on Smilin!!!
- Pros:People are very accomodating, food is very good (mostly), not expensive to live and discos rock!!!
- Cons:Expensive and difficult to leave when you want, dirty, smelly, and not alot to do for recreation!
- In a nutshell:A visit here would not allow one to fully appreciate the countries inner beauty!
As an American, you are invited to the 230th anniversary of the Marie Corp. The Marines hold this every year and there... more travel advice
This Turtle was found on the shores of Conakry 2 days ago. You will not believe the size of it! People actually started... more travel advice
- See All Downtown... it's an adventure!
- See All President is on his way out!
- See All Getting here is expensive!
- Remember we are 9 degrees ABOVE the...
- See All Good food, and connection to the island
africateach's Related Pages
Conakry Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beauty in the 3rd World"
- "Hey your one of us!!!"
- "Conakry front page"
- "Conakry, Guinea"
- "A week in Conakry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Conakry
- Hotels in Conakry
- Transportation in Conakry
- Nightlife in Conakry
- Restaurants in Conakry
- Shopping in Conakry
- Warnings and Dangers in Conakry
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Conakry
- 39 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Conakry?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Conakry
Top 10 Pages
- Conakry Intro, 39 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verbier Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yaounde 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Goree Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dakar Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Prefecture de Labe Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Douala Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Chicago Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Madrid Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos