"Living the dream!!!" africateach's Profile
When I came back to the US, I thought my big travel days were over. No more running around the world foot loose and fancy free... WRONG!!! My wife and I are of the same mind and agree that this is just too big of a world to stick around in one place! We decided to keep the travel bug alive by planning our wedding on the ocean!!! Getting married on a cruise to the Caribbean was the best idea! We had friends and family, fun and sun and plenty of time away from it all!
We bought a house and started planning for the future. She said "Baby?!"" I said... uuummm, how about Mexico?!" It is true that communication is key to a healthy relationship because we were Mexico bound :)
We agreed that all of the important things will work themselves out, but visiting different places and being a part of the culture, ok that and shopping, are what we need to truly thrive... ok, that was her addition to this page!!!
Get your jersey on, strap on the food bag and down some brews becasue it is time for the monsters of the midway to come on through!!!
Hello to all! I am originally from Chicago, Illinois, USA. I have been a teacher for awhile, but as of August 2003... I became an International Teacher!
I was actually pushed into doing this! I was a home body and had some idea of the world, but not really... even for a teacher!
The push was a few years ago and just kept going!!! I found that my profession would even allow me to do so while GETTING PAID!!!
I have honestly been going back and forth with my adventures! Sometimes I am very happy to be in this type of circuit, but then again, leaving the truck, dog and mom in the states has been something of a struggle. Internationally, I have become more aware of the differences between people! It was always a concern of mine to try to see people for who they are. When you are thrust into another's culture, there are many things that I have learned to do:
1: Remember I am NOT in charge!!!
2: Remember I am NOT in charge!!!
3: Remember I am NOT in charge!!!
Hey... I am a teacher, so control is a bit of an issue! Don't worry, travel is helping me... BABY STEPS!!!
In this picture, I took 9 students from Conarky, Guinea to Switzerland on a ski trip! The picture is not the best, but it has meaning. The best part... some had never seen snow before!!! I will always be the one that they will remember when they think of first experiences in life. That is pretty rare, even for an educator!!!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 131 Reviews
- 165 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 26 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Most relaxing place in Vegas"
- Wrote a Review Most relaxing place in Vegas in Las Vegas Hotels
- Commented on 8thWonderFijiTrip's profile page
- africateach and hannette are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Fort Lauderdale Forum "Moving to ft lauderdale"
updated their Personal Page "MY BOY"
- updated a Puerto Vallarta Travel Page "Just plain georgeous!!!"
- Uploaded a Video to Puerto Vallarta
VideosSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Conakry Intro, 39 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verbier Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yaounde 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Goree Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dakar Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Prefecture de Labe Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Douala Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Chicago Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Madrid Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos