"Le Beau Langedoc Roussillon" Le Cap d'Agde by astro_kerryn
Le Cap d'Agde Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 95 photos
Beautiful Victoria, the neice of friend Jean Francios! What would I have done without his culinary verbal coaching!!!??!!
French kids are soooo confident and bright, not at all like Australian kids, she certainly opened my eyes!
Nestled on the mediterranean coast, Le cap d'Agde is situation on the Herault coastline at the heart of a region boasting a wealth of nature, history, culture and architecture, the Langedoc Roussillon.
To the east are the barrier beaches sandwiched between the sea and lakes as far as the Camargue and also Sete and Montpellier along the way.
To the north, the countryside with its picturesque villages, numerous historic sites and beautiful scenery extends a warm welcome.
To the west, follow the Canal du Midi, which is classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and visit the proud cities of Beziers, Narbonne and Carcassonne...
The air here is filled with the smell of lavender, honey suckle and frangipani, I have smelt nothing so beautiful!! The light is etheral in quality, dreamy, clear and clean. The region is an atmospheric delight in spring!
There are several area's within d'Adge including a naturist quarter where some 60,000 nudist decend upon the area over summer. Keep in mind that everyone is generally naked, including bank staff, post office staff and shop staff! I must admit, the clubs and bars are not for the faint hearted!
The area I stayed in is where most residents live, and they arn't generally naturists!
Here are some interesting sites if you want more information
Cap d'Agde - "The Naked City"
How to get naked in France
Little french kitty "Bibine" in her kitty hammock! She belongs to my lovely host in cap d'agde
- Pros:Georgous weather, beautiful atmosphere, full of naked people!!
- Cons:Very touristy in summer, full of naked people!!
- In a nutshell:The nudist capital of the world..........
There are four shopping centers in the nudist area, and each features grocery stores, souvenir shops, boutiques selling... more travel advice
astro_kerryn's Related Pages
Le Cap d'Agde Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Le Beau Langedoc Roussillon"
- "The Cape of Agde"
- "Cap d'Agde 2007"
- "Cap d'Agde"
- "Vacation in Cap d'Agde"
- "Hotel Eve. Just right. Not too expensive."
- "Cap d'Agde Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Le Cap d'Agde
- Hotels in Le Cap d'Agde
- Transportation in Le Cap d'Agde
- Nightlife in Le Cap d'Agde
- Restaurants in Le Cap d'Agde
- Shopping in Le Cap d'Agde
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pismo Beach Hotels
- Cape Verde
- South Bass Island Hotels
- Ponta Delgada
- Cabo San Lucas
- Kampung Kuala Linggi Hotels
- Houston Heights Hotels
- Montego Bay
- Pulau Batam
- Sankt Goar
- Peschiera del Garda
- Bukit Panjang New Town Hotels
- Upper Matecumbe Key Hotels
Badges & Stats in Le Cap d'Agde
- 7 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Le Cap d'Agde?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Le Cap d'Agde
Photos in Le Cap d'AgdeSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kanchanaburi Intro, 27 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Le Cap d'Agde Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ko Phangan Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Les Baux Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue