"Kanchanaburi" Top 5 Page for this destination Kanchanaburi by astro_kerryn

Kanchanaburi Travel Guide: 463 reviews and 1,333 photos

Not much to do in the town itself, except eat fried bugs at the night market and drink cheap 1ltr bottles of Heinekin, but around Kanchanaburi its amazing!! Hell Fire Pass, Bridge over the river Kwai (well replica bridge!), Kanchanaburi War Cemetry (I was amazed to see how many Aussies were there........I spontaneously broke into tears, its surprisingly moving), Elephant trekking, Waterfalls, but the most amazing thing of all..........walking around with and patting tigers.

More Tiger Temple in Kanchan travelogue

• Pros:Animals, animals, waterfalls, animals!
  • Cons:steamy hot
  • In a nutshell:Must see the Tiger Temple
  • Last visit to Kanchanaburi: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 17, 2005

• kzapanta's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2006 at 11:13 AM

The most amazing page I have read in VT so far! Your the bomb for sharing, doing it, and taking great pictures. I hope you continue making virtual pages. See you somewhere.

• Bangkokjoe's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2005 at 10:25 PM

Blinking good page. We went few weeks back printed out your stuff and binned the LP. Great guide. ...except we visited the tiger temple pre 2pm (duhh) and my fat ass didn't fit on the raft. And the JEATH was a bit pants... RTFM as my missus told me.

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2005 at 2:55 PM

Fantastic page! The best one I've seen on Kanchanaburi so far! I'm going in October and can't wait!

• Astrobuck's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2005 at 10:09 PM

Man...that war museum sounds kind of creepy...I think I would rather be somewhere else!!! Great pages...I learned more about Thailand from your pages than I had read in books. Thanks again!

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2005 at 3:23 AM

Absolutely outstanding tips here Kerryn. Replica or not that bridge would have exactly the same effect on me.

astro_kerryn

“Dream it, make it happen”

Badges & Stats in Kanchanaburi

Have you been to Kanchanaburi?