"Love to Travel and Travel to Love" sllucas's Profile

Sharing our Travels

When I was a Yacht Captain I would pick up a Yacht in California. I Then traveled down the West Coast stopping at each and every Resort on the Pacific Ocean. I also made it a point to stop off at some of the more Remote and Hidden Places of Interest that had Unspoiled Beauty, many of which are listed in My Travels on VT.

I would then make the Transit thru The Panama Canal. Back when you could get a Permit to spend two weeks in Gatun Lake I would always take advantage of this Perk when the Owners were not Aboard.. While in Gatun I would take the shore boat and Explore the Remote Areas of the Lake. WHAT A RUSH

Upon arriving on the Caribbean side I would visit the San Blas Islands. They were one of the most Beautiful and Unspoiled Areas that I had ever seen. I was always sad to leave these Beautiful little Island.

I then would go to Cartagena, Barranquiila or Santa Marta, Columbia, this was before the Drug Wars and were a very pleasant Ports of Call.

I then would Go to the ABC Islands, Aruba, Curacoa and Bonaire. These are very unique Island owned by the Dutch at the time. They are now Independent. I would then travel to Grenada, this was Pre Commie Days always Pristine and had the Best Spiced to be had.

I then would head up through the West Indies stopping at each and everyone of the Islands

Most of the time I would have the boat to myself as the Owners would Fly in to use the boat for a couple of weeks. I would always take them to the Best of the Best Locations.

I was sooo lucky to have been able to see all of these places. Not to mention I got Paid well for this. (more to follow)

• Intro Updated Feb 10, 2004

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
sllucas's Profile Photo

sllucas

“Tooth brush and a pocket full of hundreds”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.