"Diet Coke" Nagoya by Hewer
Nagoya Travel Guide: 406 reviews and 1,091 photos
Having lived in Osaka for seven years, I've managed to get myself to Nagoya three or four times. It's a pretty easy city to navigate and isn't congested or cluttered, although from own perspective, I feel an eerie sense of "otherness" - it's similar to what I'm accustomed to, but in a scaled down version.
Nagoya is like Yokohama in a parallel dimension, the diet coke version of Osaka, or perhaps a regional affiliate of Tokyo Inc. I was bored. It always seems like something is about to happen, but never actually does. Anyway it's unlikely you'll ever visit Japan without seeing at least one other city or locale so you can judge for yourself.
- Pros:Excellent transport network
- Cons:Lacks "mojo"
- In a nutshell:Things that make you go hmmm
Entry costs 500 yen for adults and 100 yen for children under 15. It's open from 9am - 4:30pm every day. Closed... more travel advice
If you are travelling overland to Nagoya from another major city in Japan, the shinkansen (bullet train) is the way to... more travel advice
Hewer's Related Pages
Nagoya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EXPO 2005"
- "Park and Garden City"
- "World Expo 2005"
- "Nagoya, Japan"
- "Yujiro's Nagoya Page"
- "Nagoya 2004"
- "flyingkiwi's new Nagoya Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nagoya
- Hotels in Nagoya
- Transportation in Nagoya
- Nightlife in Nagoya
- Restaurants in Nagoya
- Shopping in Nagoya
- Warnings and Dangers in Nagoya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nagoya
- 7 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Nagoya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nagoya
Photos in NagoyaSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Ban Bang Saen (2) Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osaka Intro, 27 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barbados Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phuket Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos
- Singapore Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos