"My home for one year" Hamm by Hewer
Hamm Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 8 photos
Hamm is located in the north-west of Germany on the eastern edge of the Rhine-Ruhr area. It has a population of 190,000. It is known for wire production and was once an important railway junction.
I lived in Hamm for one year as an exchange student from January,1993. I went to Beisenkamp Gymnasium for the duration of my stay. I visited again for three months in 1996 and then again for Christmas, 1999.
Many of the tips I could possibly offer are no longer valid. Many of favourite haunts have closed and much of the city centre has been redeveloped since the time I lived there. It was a good place to live with a good community atmosphere.
The most important thing for me about Hamm was the people I met and knew while I was there. It was a great experience and my first extended experience of being in a foreign country. I`m sure I`ll be back...
- Pros:Great place to live, great people
- Cons:My favourite bars keep closing!
Hewer's Related Pages
Hamm Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Hamm
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Hamm?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hamm
Top 10 Pages
- Ban Bang Saen (2) Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osaka Intro, 27 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barbados Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phuket Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos
- Singapore Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos