"Sunny in November" Torre del Mar by Hewer

Torre del Mar Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 46 photos

Torre del Mar

Torre del mar is a small town located on the Costa del Sol, about halfway between Malaga and Nerja.
It`s a resort town and many of the activities revolve around the tourist industry.

Torre del Mar has a great atmosphere. It`s very relaxed and laid back. A lot of retirees from Germany and England live there and I think that might be something to do with it.

I have to apologise in advance for the quality of the pictures on this page. My photography is not great at the best of times but I didn't have a digicam when I took these. Sorry!

My purpose

The reason I went to Torre del Mar was to visit Ursula, whose family I had lived with when I did a student exchange in Germany ten years previously. Ursula moved to Spain so I thought it would be a good chance to visit.

Ursula was a wonderful host. Knowing one of the `locals` was a great way to meet people and see more of the area. I got to know the town quite well in the two weeks I was there. I was even interviewed for 45 minutes on local radio!

Torre del Mar is amazingly international. Germans, Dutch, French, English, and of course Spanish and best of all, everybody gets on.

In this picture I am sitting with Ursula and Herbert, the Dutch proprietor of our local bar.

Sit back and relax

If you have already seen Nerja and Malaga, you might find yourself wanting to just sit back and relax. You can take a walk along the beach, wander out to a restaurant for a late lunch or sit on the balcony and chill out.

If you want action, you might be bored, but if relaxation in the sun sounds good then this is the place ;-)

• Pros:The people, the carefree atmosphere
  • Cons:Public transport
  • In a nutshell:Was darf es sein?
  • Last visit to Torre del Mar: Nov 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 19, 2005

• spanishguy's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2005 at 12:12 PM

Hi hewer, your pictures are nice. Torre del Mar is good for relaxing, but for going out too. Didn't you visit "El Copo"? Nice page

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2004 at 3:57 PM

Those CD sellers get everywhere :-((

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2004 at 5:34 AM

Must have been great seeing your host mother again after 10 years!! wonderful.

Hewer

“If you wanna dance, you gotta pay for the music”

Badges & Stats in Torre del Mar

Have you been to Torre del Mar?

Latest Activity in Torre del Mar