"The Coral Coast" Viti Levu by Hewer
Viti Levu Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 78 photos
I stayed on the Coral Coast for one week, but it felt like a year. Everything is so laid back, nothing or noone is in a hurry. Noone is ever late because the concept of being late does not exist. Everything seems to be in slow motion on the Coral Coast.
I travelled to many points of interest in the southern half of Viti Levu - the stretch of highway between Nadi and Suva. I stayed at Tambua Sands Resort, which is about 20 minutes east of Sigatoka.
The hospitality of the local people was amazing. I got to know some of the locals fairly well. I visited the home of one of the resort staff for dinner. He introduced me to some of his friends and then after a few days, the village was as familiar to us as the resort we were staying in.
We were invited over to the village to watch Fiji play Australia in the Hong Kong Sevens Rugby semi-final. Fiji won 45-5, but they were good winners.
I went to Fiji with Mick, a good friend of mine from Australia. We wanted to meet the locals and have a good experience that way and it worked out very well.
- Pros:The beach, the people, relaxation, the village, kava!!
- Cons:Getting hassled by vendors in Sigatoka and Nadi
- In a nutshell:Fiji Time
It`s possible to get by on a low budget in Fiji. The hotel meals are almost on par with western prices, but in the... more travel advice
Kava is a narcotic beverage. You can buy kava in a powdered form and it is then thoroughly mixed with water. It looks... more travel advice
Hewer's Related Pages
Viti Levu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Coral Coast"
- "Viti Levu"
- "Outside Nadi Airport"
- "Horseback Riding Outside Vacaviti"
- "Main Island"
- "Viti Levu Short Journey"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Viti Levu
- Hotels in Viti Levu
- Restaurants in Viti Levu
- Shopping in Viti Levu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Viti Levu
- 11 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Viti Levu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Viti Levu
Top 10 Pages
- Ban Bang Saen (2) Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osaka Intro, 27 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barbados Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phuket Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos
- Singapore Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos