"The Coral Coast" Viti Levu by Hewer

Viti Levu Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 78 photos

I stayed on the Coral Coast for one week, but it felt like a year. Everything is so laid back, nothing or noone is in a hurry. Noone is ever late because the concept of being late does not exist. Everything seems to be in slow motion on the Coral Coast.

I travelled to many points of interest in the southern half of Viti Levu - the stretch of highway between Nadi and Suva. I stayed at Tambua Sands Resort, which is about 20 minutes east of Sigatoka.

The hospitality of the local people was amazing. I got to know some of the locals fairly well. I visited the home of one of the resort staff for dinner. He introduced me to some of his friends and then after a few days, the village was as familiar to us as the resort we were staying in.

We were invited over to the village to watch Fiji play Australia in the Hong Kong Sevens Rugby semi-final. Fiji won 45-5, but they were good winners.

I went to Fiji with Mick, a good friend of mine from Australia. We wanted to meet the locals and have a good experience that way and it worked out very well.

• Pros:The beach, the people, relaxation, the village, kava!!
  • Cons:Getting hassled by vendors in Sigatoka and Nadi
  • In a nutshell:Fiji Time
  • Last visit to Viti Levu: Mar 1999
  • Intro Updated Sep 29, 2004

• Dec 31, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Hi Hewer Villages are a great option. FijiBure has been providing a cultural gateway for families, couples, single people and the elderlies for years in Fiji Check out http://www.fijibure.com

• AyurinHiro's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2004 at 8:39 AM

Hi! We also drank Kava (in Vanuatu). It was an interesting experience. My tongue seemed very strange :-) You had a great experience in Fiji local village!

• mikegr's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2004 at 8:33 AM

Wow - Hewer has legs! Who'd have thought it?

Hewer

“If you wanna dance, you gotta pay for the music”

Badges & Stats in Viti Levu

Have you been to Viti Levu?

Latest Activity in Viti Levu