"KB United" Kuala Belait by Hewer

Kuala Belait Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 104 photos

When I was young, the local football team in the town I grew up was called KB United. The first beer I ever drank was KB Lager. I was three years old at the time and I pilfered it out of the fridge in our kitchen during a party. My mother was furious and my father was proud of me (but that's another story). And so it was that I went to a town called KB in the mood to reminisce...

I think anyone going to Kuala Belait has either got a job in the oil business or is planning on heading off somewhere else really soon. It has a definite frontier atmosphere, at least in a Borneo kind of way anyway. I passed through Kuala Belait on the way to Bandar Seri Begawan. This sleepy little town made a nice impression on me. Unlike Seria and the capital, it seemed like a good place to relax. I landed in Miri hoping to take the bus up to KB, spend the night and move on. It didn't quite work out that way. I ended up just passing through and I didn't spend more than an hour there each way.

It seems a good place to recharge the batteries though if you are planning to head off into the interior.

• Pros:Slow, relaxed, unhurried etc
  • Cons:No pubs
  • In a nutshell:No KB in KB
  • Last visit to Kuala Belait: May 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 16, 2006

Comments

Hewer

“If you wanna dance, you gotta pay for the music”

Badges & Stats in Kuala Belait

Have you been to Kuala Belait?

Latest Activity in Kuala Belait