"KB United" Kuala Belait by Hewer
Kuala Belait Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 104 photos
When I was young, the local football team in the town I grew up was called KB United. The first beer I ever drank was KB Lager. I was three years old at the time and I pilfered it out of the fridge in our kitchen during a party. My mother was furious and my father was proud of me (but that's another story). And so it was that I went to a town called KB in the mood to reminisce...
I think anyone going to Kuala Belait has either got a job in the oil business or is planning on heading off somewhere else really soon. It has a definite frontier atmosphere, at least in a Borneo kind of way anyway. I passed through Kuala Belait on the way to Bandar Seri Begawan. This sleepy little town made a nice impression on me. Unlike Seria and the capital, it seemed like a good place to relax. I landed in Miri hoping to take the bus up to KB, spend the night and move on. It didn't quite work out that way. I ended up just passing through and I didn't spend more than an hour there each way.
It seems a good place to recharge the batteries though if you are planning to head off into the interior.
- Pros:Slow, relaxed, unhurried etc
- Cons:No pubs
- In a nutshell:No KB in KB
There's something to be said for the pace of life in Kuala Belait. Palm trees swaying in the breeze, friendly shopkeeers... more travel advice
If you are travelling to Kuala Belait from Miri (or heading there afterwards), you will need to cross the Belait river.... more travel advice
Hewer's Related Pages
Kuala Belait Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Memories of Innocent Passions of Youth"
- "Laid-back Kuala Belait"
- "KB United"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Belait
- Hotels in Kuala Belait
- Transportation in Kuala Belait
- Restaurants in Kuala Belait
- Shopping in Kuala Belait
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Belait
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Belait
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Kuala Belait?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Belait
Photos in Kuala BelaitSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Ban Bang Saen (2) Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osaka Intro, 27 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barbados Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phuket Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Singapore Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos