"The Tiger Zoo" Si Racha by Hewer
Si Racha Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 49 photos
Si Racha is located in Chon Buri Province about halfway between Chon Buri and Pattaya. It takes about two hours to get there from Bangkok and the central part of the city is focused on Sukhumvit Road.
The place has a 'provincial center' feel about it and has a population of about 180,000. There didn't seem to be a great deal of facilities for visitors judging by what I saw. In Pattaya or Phuket you walk around the center of town and see souvenir shops, hotels, bars and jewelery - here you get agricultural fertilizer, motorcycles and spices. Among other things anyway. In all fairness, there were two fairly large, modern shopping malls too. It didn't strike me as tourist town, but there were quite a few more resident foreigners here. I saw a couple of English schools in the main street and I think they employ a good number of native speakers from abroad.
I wasn't there for long. I went to Si Racha on a day trip from Bang Saen to see a dentist. The most interesting thing I did there was visit the Tiger Zoo, which is about 15 minutes out of town.
- In a nutshell:Tigers, Shopping Malls & Tuk Tuks
In some of the smaller towns in Chon Buri province, there are no tuk tuks to be seen but Si Racha is firmly in tuk tuk... more travel advice
I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind this, but in the zoo's nursery, you can see a female tiger caring for her... more travel advice
Hewer's Related Pages
Si Racha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Journey to Ko Sichang via Siracha"
- "The Tiger Zoo"
- "RELAX AT SI RACHA BEFORE FLYING OUT"
- "Si Chang island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Si Racha
- Hotels in Si Racha
- Transportation in Si Racha
- Restaurants in Si Racha
- Shopping in Si Racha
- Warnings and Dangers in Si Racha
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Si Racha
- 13 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Si Racha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Si Racha
Photos in Si RachaSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Ban Bang Saen (2) Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osaka Intro, 27 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barbados Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phuket Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos
- Singapore Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos