"The Tiger Zoo" Si Racha by Hewer

Si Racha Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 49 photos

Si Racha is located in Chon Buri Province about halfway between Chon Buri and Pattaya. It takes about two hours to get there from Bangkok and the central part of the city is focused on Sukhumvit Road.

The place has a 'provincial center' feel about it and has a population of about 180,000. There didn't seem to be a great deal of facilities for visitors judging by what I saw. In Pattaya or Phuket you walk around the center of town and see souvenir shops, hotels, bars and jewelery - here you get agricultural fertilizer, motorcycles and spices. Among other things anyway. In all fairness, there were two fairly large, modern shopping malls too. It didn't strike me as tourist town, but there were quite a few more resident foreigners here. I saw a couple of English schools in the main street and I think they employ a good number of native speakers from abroad.

I wasn't there for long. I went to Si Racha on a day trip from Bang Saen to see a dentist. The most interesting thing I did there was visit the Tiger Zoo, which is about 15 minutes out of town.

• In a nutshell:Tigers, Shopping Malls & Tuk Tuks
  • Last visit to Si Racha: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 3, 2006

• Wann's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2005 at 11:05 AM

Tiger Zoo !! interesting place !!. I have never been there, good to know your tips. Thanks !!!

Hewer

“If you wanna dance, you gotta pay for the music”

Badges & Stats in Si Racha

Have you been to Si Racha?

Latest Activity in Si Racha