"Santa Monica" Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica by antistar
Santa Monica Travel Guide: 473 reviews and 1,111 photos
We stayed in Santa Monica in lieu of Los Angeles. Firstly because it's nicer, and secondly because that's where our recording studio was. It's officially outside of Los Angeles, but exists as a part of an enormous unrelenting suburban area that stretches from the Pacific to the horizon, even when you are several thousand meters above ground.
It's a very affluent area. Chic bars, exclusive restaurants, and shiny sports cars everywhere. It's a little expensive too. Despite all the money, the place is still pretty relaxed, and manages to attract a large population of homeless people. In fact, that's probably the memory of Santa Monica I will remember most strongly: the most striking juxtaposition of rich and poor I've ever seen.
Santa Monica isn't the greatest place in the world, but it has a pleasant beach, quality restaurants, a relaxed atmosphere, good shopping, and is not too far from LAX or Los Angeles itself. It makes a good alternative to other places in the city.
For me Malibu was always a kind of rum that my older brother drank when he was younger in order to appear more... more travel advice
A gleaming white terracotta Art Deco building whose 50 meter stepped clock tower stands tall and proud above Santa... more travel advice
antistar's Related Pages
Santa Monica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~Santa Monica~"
- "I Leave My Heart in Santa Monica"
- "AFTERNOON & EVENING AT SANTA MONICA PIER."
- "Santa Monica"
- "BEAUTY AND THE BEACH"
- "Third Street Promenade"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Monica
- Hotels in Santa Monica
- Transportation in Santa Monica
- Nightlife in Santa Monica
- Restaurants in Santa Monica
- Shopping in Santa Monica
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Monica
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Monica
- 11 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Santa Monica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Monica
Photos in Santa MonicaSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 171 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 93 reviews, 166 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 78 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 56 reviews, 141 photos
- Riga Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- London Intro, 68 reviews, 109 photos
- Germany Intro, 51 reviews, 124 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 53 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malta Intro, 41 reviews, 109 photos