"Stanjel" Stanjel by antistar
Stanjel Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 63 photos
Deep in the rarely visited Kras region of Slovenia is the idyllic town of Stanjel. Perched on the side of a hill above the valley, it looks breathtaking as you approach it from the road, and it is very pleasant to walk around this historic and protected town. The place is so untouched by progress, that it really feels like you are stepping back a few centuries. The region as a whole is often compared to Tuscany in Italy, but without the tourists, and when I was walking around Stanjel, on a warm June afternoon, there were about two other tourists there!
Discover it before the crowds do.
Check out my travelogue.
There does appear to be a train service to the town, but I have no idea how far away the station is from the protected... more travel advice
There didn't appear to be any specific sights in the town, although the church was an obvious landmark. Just wandering... more travel advice
antistar's Related Pages
Stanjel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Štanjel - City of Stone"
- "Hidden Jem in the Karst"
- "Medieval Karst Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stanjel
- Hotels in Stanjel
- Transportation in Stanjel
- Restaurants in Stanjel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stanjel
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Stanjel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stanjel
Photos in StanjelSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 171 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 94 reviews, 171 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 78 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 56 reviews, 141 photos
- Riga Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- London Intro, 68 reviews, 109 photos
- Germany Intro, 51 reviews, 124 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 53 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malta Intro, 41 reviews, 109 photos