Munich Tourist Trap Tips by antistar Top 5 Page for this destination
Munich Tourist Traps: 63 reviews and 51 photos
...but none of them are as expensive as Munich's. If you want to pay several times over the odds for your visit, while getting drunk on beer with other tourists, then the Munich Oktoberfest is just for you. There are, however, many excellent alternatives in Bavaria and Germany, all of which are much cheaper, more authentic, and with beer that is just as good as Munich's.
Fun Alternatives: Most of German's big cities have their own beer festivals at various times of the year, including Stuttgart, Berlin and Cologne. One particularly well recommended one is in Bavaria, two hours north of Munich in Erlangen, near Nuremberg. Erlangen is held in May, so the weather is better for all night drinking, the patrons are distinctly local, and the prices are much lower. It still gets big crowds, although not the millions that descend on Munich.
More Reviews (55)
- See All Flights
- Safest city in Germany
- Allianz Arena
- See All Garmisch-Partenkirche
antistar's Related Pages
Munich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Munich - Oktoberfest & a lot more !"
- "Brezn, Bier and Beautiful Days in Munich"
- "Munich is nature, art, events and culture"
- "The Big Village"
- "Munich - my current hometown"
- "Munich and Surroundings"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Munich
- Hotels in Munich
- Transportation in Munich
- Nightlife in Munich
- Restaurants in Munich
- Shopping in Munich
- Warnings and Dangers in Munich
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Munich
- 56 Reviews
- 141 Photos
- 28 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Munich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Munich
Photos in MunichSee All Photos (141)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 171 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 93 reviews, 166 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 78 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 56 reviews, 141 photos
- Riga Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- London Intro, 68 reviews, 109 photos
- Germany Intro, 51 reviews, 124 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 53 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malta Intro, 41 reviews, 109 photos
- Marienplatz- 127 Reviews, 189 Photos
- Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site- 68 Reviews, 95 Photos
- Viktualienmarkt- 52 Reviews, 94 Photos
- Englischer Garten- 97 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Day Trip to Schloss Neuschwanstein- 54 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Frauenkirche- 91 Reviews, 162 Photos
- Day Trip to the Alps- 22 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Olympiapark & Olympiastadion- 89 Reviews, 151 Photos
- Schloss Nymphenburg- 108 Reviews, 274 Photos
- Oktoberfest- 75 Reviews, 112 Photos
See All Munich Things to Do