"Ostseebad Binz" Top 5 Page for this destination Ostseebad Binz by antistar
Ostseebad Binz Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 97 photos
Binz is the most easily reached resort on the entire island, being at the end of several major train lines running from Berlin and Cologne. This makes it very popular with Germans, and it has masses of hotels all along the sea front and behind. Binz doesn't have much in the way of outstanding sights, just a long beach, a simple Seebruecke (pier) and some interesting regional architecture. In the winter it is extremely cold, as I can testify, but still has plenty of visitors to enjoy walks along the Strand in the bracing sea breeze.
I came to Binz with the intention of riding the Rasender Roland, to experience it and take some pictures for my ailing father back in England. It brought back many nostalgic memories of holidays as a child, where my father would take me on long (and sometimes tedious) hikes chasing after some train, walking along train lines, and waiting in remote fields to take photographs of passing engines. It also made me feel sad to think of how much my father would have loved to have taken this trip himself, but probably never will be able to given his current health.
The restaurant at the "little station" was decked out like a station of yesteryear, complete with waitress dressed as a... more travel advice
The Rasunder Roland passes through Binz but not at the main DB station, but at the little station (kleine bahnhof) a... more travel advice
antistar's Related Pages
Ostseebad Binz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Go beach in Binz!"
- "Ostseebad Binz"
- "A pearl in the necklace"
- "Welcome to BINZ"
- "Charming Baltic Resort Binz"
- "Binz Page"
- "Beauty at the Ostsee"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ostseebad Binz
- Hotels in Ostseebad Binz
- Transportation in Ostseebad Binz
- Restaurants in Ostseebad Binz
- Warnings and Dangers in Ostseebad Binz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ostseebad Binz
- 9 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Ostseebad Binz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ostseebad Binz
Photos in Ostseebad BinzSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 171 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 91 reviews, 164 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 78 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 56 reviews, 141 photos
- Riga Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- London Intro, 68 reviews, 109 photos
- Germany Intro, 51 reviews, 124 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malta Intro, 41 reviews, 109 photos
- New York City Intro, 35 reviews, 102 photos