"Closing Early" Visegrad by antistar
Visegrad Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 83 photos
There's only one real sight to see in Visegrad, and that's the castle, so you'd better make sure it is open when you arrive. There's no going up there and having a look around, because the gates will be firmly shut. I made that mistake on my first visit, arriving there at 4.30pm, only to realise the castle shuts at 5.30pm even in the summer!
The only other sight vaguely worth seeing after the castle is the palace, and that shuts at 5pm...
Also take into account something that many guidebooks, like Lonely Planet, don't bother to. It's a good hike up to the top. You'll want to give yourself half a day to get up there, explore the castle and enjoy the views. You can get a bus to the top, if you can find them, but don't expect them to be cheap. I heard prices in the region of 1200 forints one-way.
A mafia themed restaurant serving up surprisingly decent pizza with pleasant street side dining on the quiet "main... more travel advice
antistar's Related Pages
Visegrad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visegrad - hilly little town with castle"
- "the upper castle"
- "Perched on a hill and steeped in history"
- "Explore the Danube-benk"
- "Closing Early"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Visegrad
- Transportation in Visegrad
- Restaurants in Visegrad
- Shopping in Visegrad
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Visegrad
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Visegrad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Visegrad
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 171 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 85 reviews, 154 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 78 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munich Intro, 56 reviews, 141 photos
- Riga Intro, 47 reviews, 136 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos
- Malta Intro, 41 reviews, 109 photos
- Valletta Intro, 34 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stuttgart Intro, 45 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 41 reviews, 79 photos